POSH v COVENTRY CITY

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

POSH v COVENTRY CITY

Post by ashman »

It will be interesting to see the starting lineup for tomorrow's match. Bali Mumba almost certain to make his first full cap after his match winning performance last week. Benda or Cornell? Morton not yet ready. Would you start JCH?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
JohnC

Re: POSH v COVENTRY CITY

Post by JohnC »

ashman wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 01:57 It will be interesting to see the starting lineup for tomorrow's match. Bali Mumba almost certain to make his first full cap after his match winning performance last week. Benda or Cornell? Morton not yet ready. Would you start JCH?
Interesting: a start for PUFC now merits a full cap?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I imagine that was predictive changing first ap to first cap
This season witnessed four games
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

ashman wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 01:57 Would you start JCH?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wink:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 17:52
ashman wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 01:57 Would you start JCH?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wink:
We agree on something
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Brenda on the bench Mumba starts,

JCH A
Also on bench,
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
ppsm4

Post by ppsm4 »

Please Darragh get us a manager who knows what he's doing at this level. Cant keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. Well out of his depth. We will be in league 1 if not.
Mig25

Post by Mig25 »

Totally embarrassing performance. First time ever my grandson wanted to leave early. Totally out-played and clueless to react to their passing game. We got lucky it was only 4!!! What the hell would have happened if they'd have had another striker alongside MG?

I appreciate we're criticized for daring to say that DF is out of his depth............but he is.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

That was painful to watch, and to listen to. Does Frannt know anything about football, from minute one he was banging on about having a centre forward nn the field, has he not seen our centre forward this season, which has been as much use as a chocolate teapot. Playing Mumba from the start turned out to be a bad decision. I feel sorry for Tomlinson, who has done nothing wrong in his one and a half games thus far. He’s a fullback, not a Dembele clone, the lad is not a defender, if you want to play him he should perhaps replace Burrows who has been underwhelming in the last few games. Admittedly he looked better in the second half when played as a wingback.seemed to be rather a lot of self harm wrist slashing going n across on the other forum. Especially about he goalkeeper, who the first goal aside was probably our second best (or least bad player) aside from Knight.

Indeed, looking for positives, we came out of it only conceding four

Sad to say my tickets for West Brom arrived today 😥
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

It didn't take long for an astute and good manager to work out how to play against Fergies magical diamond system.
Outplayed outfought for virtually 90mins.
Embarrassing to put it mildly, but nevermind, I'm sure the Chairman will convince us all on his next Podcast that we are still in a false position and that certain players haven't come to the party yet.
All I saw today were players who were simply out of their depth at this level and have been for much of the season.
We are trying to play big boys football with little boys and it ain't working.
Forget 40 million for a new ground . Spend it on quality, experienced, championship players.
Unless the Chairman, Manager and Director of football all wake up and smell the coffee, then I predict we will finish bottom of this league with less than 30 points and back in League1 with the rest of the have beens!.....Fact!!!!!
Last edited by pleasureboy60 on 16 Jan 2022, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
ashman

Post by ashman »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 19:42 Unless the Chairman, Manager and Director of football all wake up and smell the coffee, then I predict we will finish bottom of this league with less than 30 points and back in Division1 with the rest of the have beens!.....Fact!!!!!
Not a fact. It's your opinion! - and what is Division 1? :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'