Omicron

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Omicron

Post by bristleposh »

Just a thought as this latest variant sweeps across the nation, it appears from most data that I have seen and heard, is certainly milder than previous ones. but two factors loom large from that data. The ones that are ending up in hospital all appear to be the Mr and Mrs stupid who have decided not to have vaccinations, and the spread although rapid is still not overwhelming (e.g. Bristol, way above the national average is still at only 1% of the population).

I wonder with these anti-vaxxers that if they are admitted to hospital because they are against having drugs pumped into their system were denied drugs as a cure, they'd complain. Apparently in New South Wales, it has been proposed that if they do end up in hospital and are unvaccinated they will be charged for their medical care. That would sound like a good idea here, perhaps they would not listen to a lot of the fake news out there if they realized it was going to affect their pockets.
We were much improved under McCann
Brianposh

Re: Omicron

Post by Brianposh »

We agree Nick, those unvaccinated should be refused ALL N.H.S. free treatment. They are taking up beds in Hospital unfairly.
4-5 Countries worldwide are now doing this. It still gives them a choice.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/09/worl ... covid.html

I lived in Singapore for many years, and in my (therefore informed) opinion, virtually everything that is done there in the guidance and management of societal behaviour is preferable to that which I experience here.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Brianposh wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 10:07 We agree Nick, those unvaccinated should be refused ALL N.H.S. free treatment. They are taking up beds in Hospital unfairly.
Shall we stop treating smokers, alcoholics, drug addicts, obese people, drunks & drunk drivers then? Or why not go even further and refuse to treat a footballer who gets injured making a tackle or doesn't wear shin pads etc etc etc........
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 17:55
Brianposh wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 10:07 We agree Nick, those unvaccinated should be refused ALL N.H.S. free treatment. They are taking up beds in Hospital unfairly.
Shall we stop treating smokers, alcoholics, drug addicts, obese people, drunks & drunk drivers then? Or why not go even further and refuse to treat a footballer who gets injured making a tackle or doesn't wear shin pads etc etc etc........
The argument that everyone gives for being a chicken and not following rules. The rules were put in place to protect people, but some selfish people consider they know better than the best scientific minds in the World. Smokers, alcoholics, obese people, have not disobeyed any rules, they only have themselves to blame, but the whole idea behind of free care was introduced before knowledge of those problems were considered almost encouraged. Drug addicts and drunk drivers are breaking the law, so yes, I agree they should be made to pay for care, and in my opinion those that are not taking the vaccines are equally as guilty, of breaking the law.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

A vaccine that you have to keep ‘boosting’ against a ‘deadly’ virus over 99% of infected people survive and less than 1 in 10 tests is positive.

The argument against not following ‘rules’ only applies if the rules aren’t total bulls1t to start with. A persistent alcoholic is far more likely to require medical attention than someone with covid
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 13:45 A vaccine that you have to keep ‘boosting’ against a ‘deadly’ virus over 99% of infected people survive and less than 1 in 10 tests is positive.

The argument against not following ‘rules’ only applies if the rules aren’t total bulls1t to start with. A persistent alcoholic is far more likely to require medical attention than someone with covid
Rules about vaccinations are not implemented for fun. They are there to PROTECT the people who are taking the injections and also helping to reduce the effect of the virus on others. What is not to like?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper »

ashman wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 13:54
HantsPosh wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 13:45 A vaccine that you have to keep ‘boosting’ against a ‘deadly’ virus over 99% of infected people survive and less than 1 in 10 tests is positive.

Rules about vaccinations are not implemented for fun. They are there to PROTECT the people who are taking the injections and also helping to reduce the effect of the virus on others. What is not to like?
Writing words in CAPITALS does not make you CORRECT.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

poshnipper wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 13:14 Writing words in CAPITALS does not make you CORRECT.
So you’re saying your WRONG.