Winter of Discontent

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

White G

Winter of Discontent

Post by White G »

Empty shelves, soaring energy prices, inflation concerns etc. Things aren't looking good.
ashman

Re: Winter of Discontent

Post by ashman »

White G wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 09:06 Empty shelves, soaring energy prices, inflation concerns etc. Things aren't looking good.
Agreed, as long as this thread doesn't develop into another political shambles!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

It will, I blame the lazy people who wanted to remain not getting off their lazy a***s and voting, I did, and may well have been wrong but at least I used my vote,that many lost their lives for in two world wars to give us a democratic process.
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
White G

Post by White G »

ashman wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 10:47
White G wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 09:06 Empty shelves, soaring energy prices, inflation concerns etc. Things aren't looking good.
Let's see how long it can last! I'm thinking soon that we'll be all complaining together though.😀

Whatever got us here, decisions made by both voters & government, external circumstances etc, things seem bleak. It's like the 70s all over again!😀
ashman

Post by ashman »

White G wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 13:15
ashman wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 10:47
Let's see how long it can last! I'm thinking soon that we'll be all complaining together though.😀

Whatever got us here, decisions made by both voters & government, external circumstances etc, things seem bleak. It's like the 70s all over again!😀
It didn't last long did it??
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
White G

Post by White G »

What happens if your energy provider goes bust??? Mine are supposedly on the brink, I'm sure we won't get cut off the grid??
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

You watch the news enough to know that your energy supplier could be in trouble, yet didn’t stay tuned in long enough to find out what will happen. A little research is not difficult, you will be switched to another supplier, if you have any credit, that will be transferred to your new account. The new company will put you on their best available tariff, which will probably be a lot more expensive than what your previous supplier was charging. If you have any more queries regarding items you have only watched a part of on the news just ask, but it may be better if you continue watching the news item as they will almost certainly finish the story.
White G

Post by White G »

Anyone else queuing for petrol despite having a half-tank already??
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

White G wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 19:19 Anyone else queuing for petrol despite having a half-tank already??
Umpteen motorists are. Inevitable consequence really.
White G

Post by White G »

PoshCynic wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 19:30
White G wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 19:19 Anyone else queuing for petrol despite having a half-tank already??
Umpteen motorists are. Inevitable consequence really.
It's amazing the power of the media, when a non-story causes chaos. It represents all that's wrong with this country and society as a whole.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I just returned from holiday and there was a shortage of all hotel staff, perhaps if this were brought to the attention of the lemmings who do the opposite of what is suggested, there will be queues outside every hotel lining up for the jobs
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

bristleposh wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 08:55 I just returned from holiday and there was a shortage of all hotel staff, perhaps if this were brought to the attention of the lemmings who do the opposite of what is suggested, there will be queues outside every hotel lining up for the jobs
Just responding to my own post, I wonder why people don’t want to work, obviously unemployment benefit is way to high. Maybe if this were cut people would scream out for these low paid jobs. I speak from experience that on the rare occasion I found myself out of work, in the Blair years, I was told how much I would get, it was nowhere near enough so I hastened to find a job, although not qualified as such I got a job straight away as a private hire driver, taking fares to airports, etc, the one rule I couldn’t take money I could only take clients who had already booked. When that job finished, I was offered two jobs starting on the same day, I could have become a bus driver or as it turned out a labourer working in the newspaper trade. People these days seem to be happy living off the minimum amount of benefits, moaning about it and claiming from charities like food banks, thus depriving those in real need.
White G

Post by White G »

I don't think it's job seekers allowance that's too high, if anything it's too low. It's all the other things that can be claimed to manipulate the system on top of this. If someone milks the system to the max, they will definitely be better off not working.

It's a difficult one though as you shouldn't punish the genuine people who can't work either. Work-shy slobs can't blame the Poles for stealing their jobs now!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 09:44 I don't think it's job seekers allowance that's too high, if anything it's too low. It's all the other things that can be claimed to manipulate the system on top of this. If someone milks the system to the max, they will definitely be better off not working.

It's a difficult one though as you shouldn't punish the genuine people who can't work either. Work-shy slobs can't blame the Poles for stealing their jobs now!
How true, however you perhaps don't live in a council estate where quite a lot of low life's hang around the local Costcutter, drinking from bottles and cans first thing in the morning right through until they can stand no longer. I've been to other areas recently and have found the same thing, it was the same on holiday in Newquay and is always the same whenever we go to Weston-S-M. These people loosely related to the human race waste their lives on drugs and cheap lager should have their benefits decimated, although that being said probably a lot of their income comes from shoplifting and begging.
White G

Post by White G »

Now the private railways are collapsing. It's amazing that people accept this. They take all the profits in the good times while offering poor service & value for the customer, often while dodging tax in any way they can.

When things go wrongs however, the same customers have to pay again to bail them out through our taxes. It's absolutely criminal how these crooks bump us all & leave a mess time after time.

This is the umpteenth time this has happened, when will the government realise that the trains are best in the public sector? Other countries do a great job, we stumble from one disaster to another as the beneficiaries are in cahoots with our leaders.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 28178.html