Women getting killed

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Women getting killed

Post by bristleposh »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/its- ... -zhrm0ck9c

Women are getting killed but we don’t hear about it. Why is that, I think it’s because the newspapers and the TV channels all put their emphasis on the USA we all hear about George Floyd for about 365 days non-stop, yet who were Peggy Wright, Klaudia Soltys, Michelle Cooper, Phyllis Nelson and Loretta Herman, if they do get mentioned it’s at the bottom of page 13 as an aside to the main stories about Boris’s wallpaper. There has been a massive loss of life in India and Brazil from Covid, the collapse of a bridge in Mexico with many deaths, yet the concentration is still on the criminal who was murdered by a policeman.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Slabby

Re: Women getting killed

Post by Slabby »

Your last 2 threads, this one about dead women and the other about aliens, are a bit "off the wall" brizzle imo
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Slabby wrote: 08 May 2021, 20:39 Your last 2 threads, this one about dead women and the other about aliens, are a bit "off the wall" brizzle imo
Probably it’s just news if we waited for topics to drop onto the forum we’d be here all week. One was about a radio/TV sketch, the other from today’s paper based on the murder of the PSO in Kent.
they're a prat!
White G

Post by White G »

Another post from Bristle which touches a sensitive issue to get his point across.

We've all agreed that the BLM issue has gone a bit far but that conversation has already been done to death.

I think the answer to your question is that the George Floyd murder was about serious institutional issues which affect probably hundreds of millions of people. The women being killed are probably killed by individual madmen who don't represent the views of any section of society.

The lack of fuss over deaths in India, México etc is common media issue. The relevance of death is judged on location & nationality. American lives for example are far more important than those in India or Iraq. I'm probably guilty of being conditioned too. 20 years on we get still mourn for 9/11 yet if 50,000 die in a Chinese earthquake, we hardly hear about it or even blink!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 10 May 2021, 22:15 Another post from Bristle which touches a sensitive issue to get his point across.

We've all agreed that the BLM issue has gone a bit far but that conversation has already been done to death.

I think the answer to your question is that the George Floyd murder was about serious institutional issues which affect probably hundreds of millions of people. The women being killed are probably killed by individual madmen who don't represent the views of any section of society.

The lack of fuss over deaths in India, México etc is common media issue. The relevance of death is judged on location & nationality. American lives for example are far more important than those in India or Iraq. I'm probably guilty of being conditioned too. 20 years on we get still mourn for 9/11 yet if 50,000 die in a Chinese earthquake, we hardly hear about it or even blink!
That was exactly the point I was making.
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

It's not just women getting killed.
Schoolgirls killed in Afghanistan
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/schoolgirls ... -condemned
Dozens of young girls were buried Sunday at a desolate hilltop cemetery in Kabul, a day after a secondary school was targeted in the bloodiest attack in Afghanistan in over a year.
and
https://www.news.com.au/world/afghanist ... 5d55a89208
Afghanistan blasts 'definitely' targeted school girls
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

It is terrible that people have so little respect for other people’s lives.
they're a prat!