Labour at Hartlepool

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Labour at Hartlepool

Post by bristleposh »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Gaz_Miller

Re: Labour at Hartlepool

Post by Gaz_Miller »

People voted for Brexit - nothing surprises me anymore.

But Starmer has to go. He should be shouting from the rooftops about the Tories lies, sleaze & corruption. Yet he's weak in opposition, playing into their hands.

At least the thick idiots can't call Corbyn for this one.
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 07 May 2021, 08:17 People voted for Brexit - nothing surprises me anymore.

But Starmer has to go. He should be shouting from the rooftops about the Tories lies, sleaze & corruption. Yet he's weak in opposition, playing into their hands.

At least the thick idiots can't call Corbyn for this one.
Why don't you just accept that a party that was formed about a century ago and has not moved forward with the times and would still have us living in the twentieth century is not fit for purpose either to govern or oppose.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

As I said, if people thought Brexit was a good idea, then corruption & lies mean absolutely nothing to them.

We've already been proven right on that, & you just hope that there are enough brain cells going round so people can see their 'leader' would only wipe his shoes on the way out of their houses.
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

HARTLEPOOL !!! :clap: :clap:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Prove if it were needed that Johnson, Hancock & Dowden can do pretty much whatever they want without a credible opposition. Starmer is a disgrace and has bent over and done whatever Johnson wanted for the last year or so despite all his mouthing off in Parliament. Labour must be bad if the tories can destroy people's lives and livelihoods for the last year yet people still vote for them.

Not that it will make a jot of difference of course but I'll never vote for them again until Johnson, Hancock and Dowden are gone, slimy vile creatures the 3 of them
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

The media has a massive role to play in all of this too. The slagging off they did of Corbyn, almost daily, for mostly trivial things was relentless. Yet when Johnson gets exposed for lies, corruption & sleaze, they lead with stories about William & Kate or the new super league.

Unfortuantely, people can't see through that, can't think for themselves.

Brexit was another example where the media made up the minds of millions of people. 'Take back control', 'jobs for the British', 'EU making our rules' etc etc. The public fell for it, they still are doing, and they always will.

The amount of 50+ white males who I see buying the Daily Mail makes my blood boil. I just feel like screaming at them to ignore the bullshit & read bheind the headlines. Fruitless, I know.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 07 May 2021, 14:38 The media has a massive role to play in all of this too. The slagging off they did of Corbyn, almost daily, for mostly trivial things was relentless. Yet when Johnson gets exposed for lies, corruption & sleaze, they lead with stories about William & Kate or the new super league.

Brexit was another example where the media made up the minds of millions of people. 'Take back control', 'jobs for the British', 'EU making our rules' etc etc. The public fell for it, they still are doing, and they always will.

The amount of 50+ white males who I see buying the Daily Mail makes my blood boil. I just feel like screaming at them to ignore the bullshit & read bheind the headlines. Fruitless, I know.
We just accept that you are multi talented and know more about politics and football than anybody else who uses this message board.
As for Johnson, Hancock and Dowden, it could be worse we could have Starmer, Dodds and Ashworth
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Not another thread about politics.
I thought it was going to be about Hartlepool United. They are in the play off zone and could even make automatic promotion to League 2. I think the monkey was a labour voter.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

tonyp wrote: 07 May 2021, 22:27 Not another thread about politics.
I thought it was going to be about Hartlepool United. They are in the play off zone and could even make automatic promotion to League 2. I think the monkey was a labour voter.
Apparently, he was French but he probably had a higher IQ than most Labour supporters
White G

Post by White G »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 07 May 2021, 14:38 The media has a massive role to play in all of this too. The slagging off they did of Corbyn, almost daily, for mostly trivial things was relentless. Yet when Johnson gets exposed for lies, corruption & sleaze, they lead with stories about William & Kate or the new super league.

Spot on Gaz. It's flabbergasting how much the Tories have gotten away with, partly through Labour's incompetence & partly through the media destroying all opposition. It's a very unhealthy situation where there is no accountability or opposition to these Charlatans.

Nobody can say anything positive, they just muster up responses about how bad hypothetically the opposition may be.

And Gaz, I'm with you when I see folk picking up a Daily Mail or Daily Express. With the amount of lies & propaganda, it should be banned. Not much has changed at the Mail since they backed the Nazis in the 1930s.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Talking out of your 🍑 people read newspapers for many reasons, political guidance is only one. I get the Times every day but that is mainly for the Sudokus and the other lightweight brain workouts. Perhaps you should try them and stop worrying about what other people read.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 08 May 2021, 07:50 Talking out of your 🍑 people read newspapers for many reasons, political guidance is only one. I get the Times every day but that is mainly for the Sudokus and the other lightweight brain workouts. Perhaps you should try them and stop worrying about what other people read.
I get the New York Times online every day. Only $1 a week for a year. Updates on coronavirus (worldwide) every day.