Can anyone remember

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Can anyone remember

Post by bristleposh »

I can’t seem to get information from Google, but, does anybody remember, what I suppose was loosely a racist sketch from either TV or Radio several years ago, where a presenter was being interviewed about a Martian footballer, green, playing for England, the response was about changing times and how he remembered a few years back how shocked he was to see a white player playing for Leyton Orient. Does it ring any bells with anyone.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Re: Can anyone remember

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 06 May 2021, 13:02 I can’t seem to get information from Google, but, does anybody remember, what I suppose was loosely a racist sketch from either TV or Radio several years ago, where a presenter was being interviewed about a Martian footballer, green, playing for England, the response was about changing times and how he remembered a few years back how shocked he was to see a white player playing for Leyton Orient. Does it ring any bells with anyone.
No, and I don't think anyone would point you in the right direction, even if they could! :shock: :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 06 May 2021, 13:02 I can’t seem to get information from Google, but, does anybody remember, what I suppose was loosely a racist sketch from either TV or Radio several years ago, where a presenter was being interviewed about a Martian footballer, green, playing for England, the response was about changing times and how he remembered a few years back how shocked he was to see a white player playing for Leyton Orient. Does it ring any bells with anyone.
Have you been binge watching Love Thy Neighbour again?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Somebody did on Facebook apparently it was from Harry Enfield and friends
they're a prat!
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

Just gone through list of players for England over the last few years. What was this Martian's surname brizzle? If he's any good, let Barry know :lol:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Slabby wrote: 06 May 2021, 22:44 Just gone through list of players for England over the last few years. What was this Martian's surname brizzle? If he's any good, let Barry know :lol:
I must confess I thought it was on a programme called 'Not the nine o'clock news' but I can't find any reference to it anywhere
they're a prat!
White G

Post by White G »

You seem rather obsessive about political correctness. It's pretty dull to be honest. It's like you look to find things to be outraged about, particularly against those who get outraged by things which didn't cause offence in the 1960s!

I know lockdown has been boring for the retired but come on Bristle, surely you can do better with your time!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 07 May 2021, 23:39
You seem rather obsessive about political correctness. It's pretty dull to be honest. It's like you look to find things to be outraged about, particularly against those who get outraged by things which didn't cause offence in the 1960s!

I know lockdown has been boring for the retired but come on Bristle, surely you can do better with your time!
Your understanding of the English language is worryingly amiss. I was not outraged by anything, I was asking a serious question that I couldn’t find the answer to. Also, in the 60s I doubt that Leyton Orient had many black players. It was a joke from either a radio or TV show, remember jokes they were the things comedians used to tell when they were funny before just about everything had been put into the banned list.
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 08 May 2021, 07:35remember jokes they were the things comedians used to tell when they were funny before just about everything had been put into the banned list.
I remember those good old days before political correctness.
I don't remember the sketch you were talking about in your first post though. I might be too young! :)
ashman

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 08 May 2021, 08:41 remember those good old days before political correctness.
The trouble with political correctness is that almost any comment, sign, picture, film, action etc. is bound to upset somebody, somewhere.
However there are some people who are continually on the lookout to spoil people's fun, if only to justify their own existence. Whether they are genuinely perturbed or perceived to be perturbed, is another matter.
I think the majority of citizens are completely hacked off about this continual battering of their sense of humour and it only seems to be getting worse. However social media streams are not helping. Genuine people who have been abused highlight their claims and this is pounced on by the objectors, who simply hide behind a keyboard. This then stirs up a hornet's nest and the media takes over. However upsetting or just plain daft the original moan was becomes irrelevant and the objectors have won by sometimes highlighting a non-event.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
White G

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 08 May 2021, 07:35
White G wrote: 07 May 2021, 23:39

Your understanding of the English language is worryingly amiss. I was not outraged by anything, I was asking a serious question that I couldn’t find the answer to. Also, in the 60s I doubt that Leyton Orient had many black players. It was a joke from either a radio or TV show, remember jokes they were the things comedians used to tell when they were funny before just about everything had been put into the banned list.
You have an obsession with offence & political correctness. Even your little speech at your footer goes on a tangent! It's pretty tiring to be honest, times have changed and you have to move on.

I bet you're of those who says "I'm not racist , but ..........".
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 08 May 2021, 15:11

You have an obsession with offence & political correctness. Even your little speech at your footer goes on a tangent! It's pretty tiring to be honest, times have changed and you have to move on.

So where's your answer to my question, a bit of a waste of your time trying to change the subject, it would have been better just to ignore the post rather than score points on the race card.
they're a prat!
White G

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 08 May 2021, 15:32
White G wrote: 08 May 2021, 15:11

So where's your answer to my question, a bit of a waste of your time trying to change the subject, it would have been better just to ignore the post rather than score points on the race card.
That wasn't changing the subject, it was an additional point. It's you that's trying to change the subject by ignoring the comment about your behaviour, and using my final sentence as a get-out!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I’ll just ignore you in future, you can’t answer a simple question without trying to make political points. If you didn’t know the answer why respond to the thread.
they're a prat!