Labour

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Labour

Post by bristleposh »

Just a thought for all those lefty fools out there, Bristol has had a Labour-run council for the most part of 50 years. We still have no concert hall, no rail connection to Bristol Airport, and no rail metro, imagine the mess they'd make of a country.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
bristleposh

Re: Labour

Post by bristleposh »

0_grosvenor-hotel.jpg
0_grosvenor-hotel.jpg (67.83 KiB) Viewed 165 times
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... ar-3379370

Another dream move by Labour making this monstrosity of an eyesore a Grade 1 Listed building it hasn't been a hotel since the 70s, I think from memory there have been about six different traffic schemes to try and keep the building, there was a temporary road bridge that lasted the best part of 30 years, in fact, the area in and around Bristol Temple Meads, (Bristol's main Railway hub), has been ongoing roadworks for the entire fifty year period with little respite, it is currently undergoing yet another change

https://www.bristoltemplequarter.com/te ... the-years/
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Imagine if Labour had been runnign the country, and almost two years after the Grenfell disaster, still 600,000 people lived in dangerous buildings using the same or very similar cladding.

Thankfully we've got Bojo the Clown & his merry mates running the show.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Another grade a response from Gaz, labour can’t even run a city why would they be better with a massive country
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 14:34 Another grade a response from Gaz, labour can’t even run a city why would they be better with a massive country
Another fine peice of guesswork whilst I rely purely on facts
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I gave you the facts you chose to ignore them
they're a prat!
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

Is there still a Labour Party in existence ??
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Right up there with one of the thickest questions ever asked
― Unarine Ramaru
White G

Post by White G »

Over the last century or so, Labour have contributed far more than the Tories towards UK society.

Bristle, it's a real shame that you can't list the positive things the Tories have done, instead focusing on what Labour hypothetically might have done.

How do you cope in life with such a scared, timid approach? What happened to your desire to make things better? Instead you accept things getting worse, simply because you fear that any alternative would be even worse than the already bad outlook.

I don't know anything about Bristol city council but I'm 100% sure you're carefully selecting instances which suit your agenda.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Why don't you lot find a cosy political forum to argue yourselves backwards and forwards!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 20:28 Over the last century or so, Labour have contributed far more than the Tories towards UK society.

Bristle, it's a real shame that you can't list the positive things the Tories have done, instead focusing on what Labour hypothetically might have done.

How do you cope in life with such a scared, timid approach? What happened to your desire to make things better? Instead you accept things getting worse, simply because you fear that any alternative would be even worse than the already bad outlook.

I don't know anything about Bristol city council but I'm 100% sure you're carefully selecting instances which suit your agenda.
Twisting things to suit agendas is exactly what you have just done. I showed what Labour have done appallingly in a city of half a million people. It’s much the same in the capital where everything was going fine under Boris and was ruined by Khan.
they're a prat!
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

ashman wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 21:12 Why don't you lot find a cosy political forum to argue yourselves backwards and forwards!
They have, unfortunately, it’s here! :D
ashman

Post by ashman »

Wilco wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 18:26
ashman wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 21:12 Why don't you lot find a cosy political forum to argue yourselves backwards and forwards!
They have, unfortunately, it’s here! :D
The thread will be locked. Maybe they will go hither!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'