Dame Barbara Windsor RIP

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Dame Barbara Windsor RIP

Post by ashman »

https://news.sky.com/story/dame-barbara ... 3-12157621

Another victim of the horrible condition known as Alzheimer's.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Re: Dame Barbara Windsor RIP

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 05:08 https://news.sky.com/story/dame-barbara ... 3-12157621

earlier this year, her husband revealed she was suffering more with the disease and often did not recognise him.
My biggest fear.
RIP Barbara Windsor.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

R.I.P Dame Babs good night sleep tight xx
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

R.I.P. Babs, a real trouper that gave us hours of pleasure.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

tonyp wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 09:17
ashman wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 05:08 https://news.sky.com/story/dame-barbara ... 3-12157621

earlier this year, her husband revealed she was suffering more with the disease and often did not recognise him.
My biggest fear.
RIP Barbara Windsor.
It is for many of us, Tony. RIP Babs
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

Yes, horrendous, truly horrendous. My sister, our family and me have been going through this for about two and half years with my dad. It’s a living nightmare for all concerned, especially our dad although he doesn’t know it.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

BanburyPosh wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 22:36

Yes, horrendous, truly horrendous. My sister, our family and me have been going through this for about two and half years with my dad. It’s a living nightmare for all concerned, especially our dad although he doesn’t know it.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
It's much more horrendous and heart breaking for you than it is for your Dad. It is a cruel progressive disease. As with me and my wife you will come to realise that you have lost the Dad you knew and he will never come back. But your dad and my wife don't realise what is going on. We are lucky to have had them for as long as we did and they deserve to have us caring for them.
ashman

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 22:55 It's much more horrendous and heart breaking for you than it is for your Dad. It is a cruel progressive disease. As with me and my wife you will come to realise that you have lost the Dad you knew and he will never come back. But your dad and my wife don't realise what is going on. We are lucky to have had them for as long as we did and they deserve to have us caring for them.
I don't know if you are totally right on that Toney. I lost my dad in September and he had been suffering from Alzheimer's for the past year. There were times when he was well aware of what was going on and then he would relapse back into his shell. This is what was making it all the more heartbreaking as you didn't know whether to laugh or cry with him half the time. What was even more worrying was the effect that the condition was having on mum, who seemed to be weathering the storms ok until she suddenly became very poorly in early April and passed away within a few weeks. Dad soldiered on until September but finally succumbed to the condition.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 23:27
tonyp wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 22:55 It's much more horrendous and heart breaking for you than it is for your Dad. It is a cruel progressive disease. As with me and my wife you will come to realise that you have lost the Dad you knew and he will never come back. But your dad and my wife don't realise what is going on. We are lucky to have had them for as long as we did and they deserve to have us caring for them.
I don't know if you are totally right on that Toney. I lost my dad in September and he had been suffering from Alzheimer's for the past year. There were times when he was well aware of what was going on and then he would relapse back into his shell. This is what was making it all the more heartbreaking as you didn't know whether to laugh or cry with him half the time. What was even more worrying was the effect that the condition was having on mum, who seemed to be weathering the storms ok until she suddenly became very poorly in early April and passed away within a few weeks. Dad soldiered on until September but finally succumbed to the condition.
I'm sure I'm not totally right. I am speaking only from my own experience and from reading a fair bit on the subject. I was warned by a geriatrician that the disease would get progressively worse and it certainly has in my wife's case.
In that news story you posted, Barbara Windsor's husband said that she often didn't recognise him. I consider myself fortunate that hasn't happened to me, yet.
And she's still happy when I tell her the Posh won. :D