Brexodus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Locked
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30419
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexodus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 09:12
bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 23:29 There were always going to be some losers, people who have only just realized this were sadly disillusioned or simply remoaners.
"Some losers" - why the hell should there be 'losers'? It was supposed to be for the benefit of all. That's how it was sold.

Problem is, apart from people already retired and safe with their pension funds, plus the elite, who it won't affect either way, I can't think of anybody else who is better off outside the EU.

Can you help me out & give some examples of every day folk who are now in a much better position - and why?
Of course if we were still in EU we would have had like Germany, Italy, France, & Spain about 1.3million injections and little likelihood of the most vulnerable being inoculated before August, but hey-Ho its all right most of them are old so they've had their life.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1056
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexodus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 10:10 Of course if we were still in EU we would have had like Germany, Italy, France, & Spain about 1.3million injections and little likelihood of the most vulnerable being inoculated before August, but hey-Ho its all right most of them are old so they've had their life.
Can you help me out & give some examples of every day folk who are now in a much better position - and why?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30419
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexodus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 11:03
bristleposh wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 10:10 Of course if we were still in EU we would have had like Germany, Italy, France, & Spain about 1.3million injections and little likelihood of the most vulnerable being inoculated before August, but hey-Ho its all right most of them are old so they've had their life.
Can you help me out & give some examples of every day folk who are now in a much better position - and why?
yes 8 million who have been vacinated
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1056
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexodus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 11:31 yes 8 million who have been vacinated
Absolute pathetic answer. That was not part of leaving the EU or why Brexit ever came about.


Can you help me out & give some examples of every day folk who are now in a much better position - and why?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30419
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexodus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 11:50
bristleposh wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 11:31 yes 8 million who have been vacinated
Absolute pathetic answer. That was not part of leaving the EU or why Brexit ever came about.


Can you help me out & give some examples of every day folk who are now in a much better position - and why?
Of course that has to do with Brexit, following rules is why we left, those rules would have made us kill our elderly. I don't know anybody personally who is better off, but I'm certain there are lots, you won't see any, because you like a lot of remoaners choose not to. Giving it less than a month is hardly giving Brexit a chance to work, come back in twenty years and you'll see how we're doing, hopefully, I won't be alive to read your diatribe, and distasteful comments about the monarchy and all the other clap-trap you come out with.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1056
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexodus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 12:00 Of course that has to do with Brexit, following rules is why we left, those rules would have made us kill our elderly. I don't know anybody personally who is better off, but I'm certain there are lots, you won't see any, because you like a lot of remoaners choose not to. Giving it less than a month is hardly giving Brexit a chance to work, come back in twenty years and you'll see how we're doing, hopefully, I won't be alive to read your diatribe, and distasteful comments about the monarchy and all the other clap-trap you come out with.
In other words, you don't know of any.

The same question has been asked across social media all month - I have yet to see a Brexiteer come up with one tangiable benefit to leaving.

The stock reply is, 'typical remoaner' etc, but not one benefit.

Now, I've got to wait twenty years. Bloody brilliant.


It will be reversed long before then.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30419
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexodus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 12:23
bristleposh wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 12:00 Of course that has to do with Brexit, following rules is why we left, those rules would have made us kill our elderly. I don't know anybody personally who is better off, but I'm certain there are lots, you won't see any, because you like a lot of remoaners choose not to. Giving it less than a month is hardly giving Brexit a chance to work, come back in twenty years and you'll see how we're doing, hopefully, I won't be alive to read your diatribe, and distasteful comments about the monarchy and all the other clap-trap you come out with.

In other words, you don't know of any.


The same question has been asked across social media all month - I have yet to see a Brexiteer come up with one tangiable benefit to leaving.

The stock reply is, 'typical remoaner' etc, but not one benefit.

Now, I've got to wait twenty years. Bloody brilliant.


It will be reversed long before then.
Perhaps that’s clearer for you.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9463
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Brexodus

Post by Brianposh »

The very biggest Benefit is we are OUT OF THE EU Club.Wonderful, NO MORE NEED BE SAID.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1056
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexodus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 15:22 Perhaps that’s clearer for you.
Nope, no clearer.

You have to give examples of tangiable benefits for leaving the EU. You don't have to know anybody personally, just tell me how we are better off.
Don't say 'because we make our own rules' etc, because that means nothing to me. I want actual benefits.


To be fair to you, Brian's answer is even worse than your attempts.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30419
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexodus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 17:24
Brianposh wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 16:49 The very biggest Benefit is we are OUT OF THE EU Club.Wonderful, NO MORE NEED BE SAID.
After four and a half years, if that's the best you can come up with, you are playing right into the hands of remainers.

You can't think of ONE thing
Due to the circumstances we have found ourselves in due to Covid, the pros and cons are not readily visible. The one thing I’m looking forward to is duty free booze. If you have any cons that are visible already that haven’t been affected by Covid I’d love to hear them. First dibs on the inoculations was one immense benefit of leaving, yet you don’t accept that, perhaps your happy with people dying, obviously those in charge of the EU do.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1056
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexodus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Government admit 142,000 tonnes of food will be wasted because of Brexit...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 94600.html
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30419
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Brexodus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 11:10 Government admit 142,000 tonnes of food will be wasted because of Brexit...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 94600.html
You just won’t give up will you, just face it nobody else is worried, it’s done, and we won’t know what is affecting anything until this bloody pandemic is sorted.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1056
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Brexodus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

It wasn't for you.

It's a thread about Brexit, and today's news is relevant. Just ignore it if you're not affected/bothered.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Locked