Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Coronavirus

Post by HantsPosh »

'lethal'??? 99% of people under 70 survive this 'lethal' virus. You're responsible for your own health, no-one else. You'd take care when you cross the road or drive a car so its the same with everything else in life.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 13:12 'lethal'??? 99% of people under 70 survive this 'lethal' virus. You're responsible for your own health, no-one else. You'd take care when you cross the road or drive a car so its the same with everything else in life.
Sod the 1% they don’t deserve to live
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Yep sod the cancer victims being denied treatment as ONLY COVID MATTERS
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Mental.

COVID patients are filling up the hospitals, that's why cancer treatments etc are being cancelled. Get on top of COVID & all other patient treatments return to normal.

However, the more selfish pricks out there who refuse to have a vaccine, the longer & longer it will take to get on top of COVID, and therefore more cancer treatments are having to be put on hold.

What bit are you struggling with?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

It's not just 'deaths' from covid that needs to be taken into account. There are many people in wards suffering from covid who will probably return to health eventually. At present they are taking up beds because they are too ill to be discharged and even when they are discharged there is the spectre of 'long covid' taking up resources. No one is saying ignore the cancer patients but by default that is what is appearing to be happening. However we must get on top of this bloody virus; we have the knowledge and the means to do so and that is why the NHS is having to concentrate on it atm. I know of two people who have recently been diagnosed with cancer and their treatment has been nothing but exemplary.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

My wife’s best friend has cancer, our next door neighbours both have cancer, none of the three have missed a single session, perhaps Bristol is better organised than Hampshire
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 16:07 My wife’s best friend has cancer, our next door neighbours both have cancer, none of the three have missed a single session, perhaps Bristol is better organised than Hampshire
Cambridge and Northamptonshire too!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 14:44 the more selfish pricks out there who refuse to have a vaccine, the longer & longer it will take to get on top of COVID,
We have to hope that the vaccine will prevent us from getting the virus.
If this is true then those "selfish pricks out there who refuse to have a vaccine" will be able to catch it and/or pass it on to other "selfish pricks out there who refuse to have a vaccine".
The rest of us will be safe.
Of course this will all change if the day comes when a vaccinated person gets the virus.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

So will a vaccinated person be a 'selfish prick' for not hiding under the duvet in terror for the rest of their days.

Strange how Governments have billions to spend on vaccines and the nonsense of furlough for this yet watching TV the other there were numerous adverts from cancer research & care charities desperate for funding that Governments don't provide despite killing more people each year than covid. #ONLYCOVIDMATTERS.

I give it 5 mins before bristle leaps in and defends his beloved tories
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 15:03 So will a vaccinated person be a 'selfish prick' for not hiding under the duvet in terror for the rest of their days.

Strange how Governments have billions to spend on vaccines and the nonsense of furlough for this yet watching TV the other there were numerous adverts from cancer research & care charities desperate for funding that Governments don't provide despite killing more people each year than covid. #ONLYCOVIDMATTERS.

I give it 5 mins before bristle leaps in and defends his beloved tories
No need to defend them, the Labour Party are doing an excellent job of that.
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

I knew you wouldn't let me down Bristle :wink:

Glad to hear you had your jab recently & hope all was well when you had it, look forward to catching up at Ashton Gate next Season :D
ashman

Post by ashman »

An odd vaccinated person contracting the virus is always possible because none of the vaccines are 100% effective. They will all give a high degree of protection against suffering a serious reaction to the virus and as far as we are able to ascertain deaths directly attributed to the covid virus should be virtually nil. There will always be odd chinks in the armour of any protection but at least it seems as if the vaccines are beginning to have an effect on the overall numbers of hospital admissions. The other very worrying aspect of this virus is the 'long covid' that seems to be rearing its ugly head. The people who are refusing the vaccine probably have a built in resistance to the virus (good for them) but they can still be carriers of the virus and infect other people, who may or may not have had the injection, maybe ending up with long covid.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Because of a death from unknown origins of a chap I used to work with (I found out from a chap in Jamaica) contacted all the people I knew who used to know him. I just contacted someone who I haven’t been in contact with at all in the last 13 years because she left Bristol to go to Cyprus. She has been telling me that over there if they are working they have to have a test once a week, and there is no furlough, you either work or not. If you go out you have to get an alert by SMS twice a day. I think that would cause a few ruffled feathers in this country.
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56360645 but apparently no-one is waiting for any other treatments, well at least not in Bristol, Northamptonshire or Cambridgeshire according to the 'experts' on here

ONLY COVID MATTERS TO THE TORIES & THEIR BELOVED NHS
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I’m surprised there have been no children born in hospitals in the last 12 months. Covid only apparently.
they're a prat!