Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

Where do you get this weird idea that the virus has come from someone who has been to Brazil, it's a virus it spreads. You'd accuse this government of anything, I'm surprised you haven't suggested that Boris went across to Wuhan and planted the initial bug there.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 15:59 Where do you get this weird idea that the virus has come from someone who has been to Brazil, it's a virus it spreads. You'd accuse this government of anything, I'm surprised you haven't suggested that Boris went across to Wuhan and planted the initial bug there.
It's come from abroad, and we haven't secured our borders. Only the government to blame again, however you try to dress it up.

I blame Diane Abbott.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 16:03
bristleposh wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 15:59 Where do you get this weird idea that the virus has come from someone who has been to Brazil, it's a virus it spreads. You'd accuse this government of anything, I'm surprised you haven't suggested that Boris went across to Wuhan and planted the initial bug there.
It's come from abroad, and we haven't secured our borders. Only the government to blame again, however you try to dress it up.

I blame Diane Abbott.
What has Dianne Abbott got to do with it, if you can't put a valid argument together don't bother posting. I just saw a post on Facebook from DMac on a flight going to Dubai, now let me get this right, is that Boris's fault that people don't obey the rules. In your tiny little mind, the answer is probably of course it's his fault. In Bristol yesterday there were hundreds of people sat around the docks, funnily enough, if you are sitting and eating you are not exercising, but the people, some of whom had travelled 30 miles to do just that, do not follow the rules. The Government have laid out the rules, stupid people do not follow them, but then that's his fault.
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 16:12
Gaz_Miller wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 16:03

I blame Diane Abbott.
What has Dianne Abbott got to do with it, if you can't put a valid argument together don't bother posting. I just saw a post on Facebook from DMac on a flight going to Dubai, now let me get this right, is that Boris's fault that people don't obey the rules. In your tiny little mind, the answer is probably of course it's his fault. In Bristol yesterday there were hundreds of people sat around the docks, funnily enough, if you are sitting and eating you are not exercising, but the people, some of whom had travelled 30 miles to do just that, do not follow the rules. The Government have laid out the rules, stupid people do not follow them, but then that's his fault.
Yep, he is in a no/win, no/win situation.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

HantsPosh wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 17:09 In the UK we're going to be asked 'where are your papers' in the future, it's like going back 80 years to WW2 and the Nazis
Nonsense.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

PoshCynic wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 18:41
HantsPosh wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 17:09 In the UK we're going to be asked 'where are your papers' in the future, it's like going back 80 years to WW2 and the Nazis
Nonsense.
So how would you describe what's being proposed/talked about/suggested?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 14:40
PoshCynic wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 18:41
Nonsense.
So how would you describe what's being proposed/talked about/suggested?
What are you afraid of, dying of Covid, or surviving it because you were sensible enough to obey the rules. Simple choice, mine is the latter.
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

'showing your papers' to go to the cinema are 'rules'?? If you live in North Korea or Bolshevik Russia then yes, but not in a so called free democratic society! If you've been 'vaccinated' then what difference does it make if someone sat next to you at the game hasn't as you'll be protected won't you?

99% of people under 70 survive this 'deadly' virus and everyone over 70 has been vaccinated so ProjectFear/OperationTerror are running out of excuses to keep us locked up. How many other 'deadly' viruses have that kind of survival rate??
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Try telling that to the millions who have lost love ones. I’ve had my first job, so feel a lot safer than I did at Christmas, I still consider there is too much danger out there, and would prefer to follow rules and consider the welfare of others than take the selfish attitude of ‘I’m alright Jack’
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 18:23 Try telling that to the millions who have lost love ones. I’ve had my first job, so feel a lot safer than I did at Christmas, I still consider there is too much danger out there, and would prefer to follow rules and consider the welfare of others than take the selfish attitude of ‘I’m alright Jack’
'job' or 'jab!' :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 19:45
bristleposh wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 18:23 Try telling that to the millions who have lost love ones. I’ve had my first job, so feel a lot safer than I did at Christmas, I still consider there is too much danger out there, and would prefer to follow rules and consider the welfare of others than take the selfish attitude of ‘I’m alright Jack’
'job' or 'jab!' :roll:
Auto correct :mrgreen:
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

But if YOU follow the rules Bristle then why would you be in danger from people who don't? The easy default option is to blame rule breakers but if people are following the rules then how are they contracting it? Surely if they stay at home, social distance etc then they're not in danger.

It's the same with the Christmas has killed 1000s rhetoric, erm nobody forced Granny to hug anyone at Christmas did they? As always in this nanny state, everyone blames everyone else but themselves. I see lot's of elderly people wandering around without masks on & mixing with each other where I live, they seem to think they're safe now they've been jabbed.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 11:18
But if YOU follow the rules Bristle then why would you be in danger from people who don't? The easy default option is to blame rule breakers but if people are following the rules then how are they contracting it? Surely if they stay at home, social distance etc then they're not in danger.

It's the same with the Christmas has killed 1000s rhetoric, erm nobody forced Granny to hug anyone at Christmas did they? As always in this nanny state, everyone blames everyone else but themselves. I see lot's of elderly people wandering around without masks on & mixing with each other where I live, they seem to think they're safe now they've been jabbed.
Perhaps it’s because the bug is more transferable than everyone thinks, I wear a mask on the odd occasion we go to a supermarket, normally we do click and collect, but I don’t bother when we go go for our exercise walk, perhaps we should, if the government brought it in, I would have no problem complying, they appear to do it in vast swathes of Asia.
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Interesting article on the BBC Website today (and these are the people we've had to put our lives on hold for). Who's selfish now???

More than four in 10 over-80s who have received the coronavirus vaccine during the current lockdown in England appear to have since broken the rules by meeting up with someone indoors, Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures suggest.

Some 43% of over-80s surveyed by the ONS said they had met someone other than a personal care support worker, member of their household or support bubble indoors since being vaccinated.

And 41% of over-80s vaccinated in the previous three weeks said they had done so - "appearing to break lockdown regulations".

Rules in England, introduced at the start of January, mean family or friends cannot meet socially indoors unless they are in the same household or support bubble.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

HantsPosh wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 11:18
But if YOU follow the rules Bristle then why would you be in danger from people who don't?
No vaccination will ever give 100% immunity.

Why should I be at risk from catching a potential lethal virus from a selfish prick who think they're above the majority?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru