Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DaveLister »

bristleposh wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 20:59
White G wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 20:36 I was talking to you Bristle. Just because Brexit has happened doesn't mean it's over & done with.
I assumed you were: we’re out, unless there’s another vote that’s the way it’s going to stay. Therefore over and done with.
Ah, but Whitey subscribes to the Nicola Sturgeon method of having a vote until you get the result you want
White G

Post by White G »

DaveLister wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 18:53
White G wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 20:36 I was talking to you Bristle. Just because Brexit has happened doesn't mean it's over & done with.
I assumed you were: we’re out, unless there’s another vote that’s the way it’s going to stay. Therefore over and done with.
Ah, but Whitey subscribes to the Nicola Sturgeon method of having a vote until you get the result you want
Are you trying to say that Brexit is done & dusted Listerine?? I hope not, as there's absolutely loads to sort out like new processes, trade deals to negotiate, paperwork amendments, the list goes on.

Surely it's not hard to understand that the Brexit process/journey isn't anywhere near over.
ashman

Post by ashman »

White G wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 17:02
DaveLister wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 18:53

Are you trying to say that Brexit is done & dusted Listerine?? I hope not, as there's absolutely loads to sort out like new processes, trade deals to negotiate, paperwork amendments, the list goes on.

Surely it's not hard to understand that the Brexit process/journey isn't anywhere near over.
No doubt there are so many facets of Brexit to be sorted out but I think that what bristle and DaveLister are alluding to is that we have actually left the Eu and there really is nothing we can do other than sort out what needs to be done to go further.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

The state of the comments on this thread from retired people who aren't affected either way by Brexit.

It's extremely worrying, and far from over. More & more businesses are failing - that's people's livelihoods for those who don't care.

If it wasn't for the pandemic, this would be headline news every single day. It's a disaster, and the government know it.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 09:17 The state of the comments on this thread from retired people who aren't affected either way by Brexit.

It's extremely worrying, and far from over. More & more businesses are failing - that's people's livelihoods for those who don't care.

If it wasn't for the pandemic, this would be headline news every single day. It's a disaster, and the government know it.
I only read - not comment. But..

I think there is a bit of confusion here.

1. Some people are talking about the Brexit vote.

2. Some are talking about the after effects of the vote.

3. Some are talking about the subject of the thread - coronavirus.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

It’s only Gaz, Tony, he owns the board if he says Brexit should be in the Posh forum we either have to cow tow to his opinion. Or act like adults and ignore him
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 10:46
tonyp wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 10:15 I only read - not comment. But..

I think there is a bit of confusion here.

1. Some people are talking about the Brexit vote.

2. Some are talking about the after effects of the vote.

3. Some are talking about the subject of the thread - coronavirus.
Nothing at all like it, it’s a football forum we talk about Posh. I’m sure if you start a new thread about your opinions on the after effects of leaving the EU, then I think that will be accepted. I’m sure at least WhiteG will respond to you, as far asBrexit itself is concerned it is over and done with. The after effects may continue for some time.
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Health secretary Matt Hancock confirms he's booked a summer holiday, a day after the government told the rest of Britain not to.

You couldn't make it up.

*Sits back & waits for the blame to be pinned on Starmer/Corbyn/Abbott/Blair/Kinnock/Wilson/Somebody who voted Labour up north in 1923
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Circumstances, I've booked a holiday abroad in September but only because I have £120 in deposit with EasyJet that I can't get back, if I have to change it I will simply change my dates to May '22. Do you know whether or not Hancock has a deposit paid somewhere that he can't get refunded, no I thought not. Just blame this Government for everything it's as simple as that. It couldn't possibly be Starmer's fault he hasn't had any ideas that weren't formed in hindsight, along with his greasy cohorts Lammy, Dods, Milliband, and Ashworth.
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 09:49 Just blame this Government for everything it's as simple as that.
In other words, just blame the people in charge. Bojo the Clown wanted the job - the buck stops with him. And he is responsible for thousands of lost lives.

Not Starmer, not Milliband, but Bojo.
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 10:38
bristleposh wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 09:49 Just blame this Government for everything it's as simple as that.
In other words, just blame the people in charge. Bojo the Clown wanted the job - the buck stops with him. And he is responsible for thousands of lost lives.

Not Starmer, not Milliband, but Bojo.
Indeed it does, but those on the opposition benches would have done a far worse job, so we must at least thank him for saving us from that.
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Facts & guesswork - it's where you let yourself down on every single post
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 12:55 Facts & guesswork - it's where you let yourself down on every single post
...and you know he’d do a better job, how exactly? The party have been a crap opposition you can’t honestly think they’d be any better if they had to actually make decisions. There are your facts, no guesswork.
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Do you actually know what a 'fact' is?
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Yes that the opposition is crap
they're a prat!