Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 14:20 Can you answer my question?
Bit impatient aren’t you I was just doing it
Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 13:01
bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 11:40 I’m sure you only read the bits you want to, where did I say the BBC reporter was to blame, I just said she asked stupid questions, which she does. Dominic Cummins lost the plot, should have gone earlier but people using him to blame the government for others weaknesses is tantamount to hypocrisy. By the way when is the next rave.
Which do you think has spread the virus the most...

a) the odd rave, attended exclusively by under-30's
b) allowing every single family in the UK to meet up at Christmas?

...if you don't understand the above, come back & blame Corbyn & Dianne Abbott.
Why do you never get the point. Of course allowing people to meet at Christmas but Starmer wanted to do the same, stop using Dianne Abbott’s name I’m trying hard to forget her and Loony Tunes
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 14:22 Of course allowing people to meet at Christmas but Starmer wanted to do the same
A 100% LIE. Starmer always said we should listen to the scientists and was 100% AGAINST Christmas meet-ups.

I see how it works now. If you're wrong, just lie you're way out of it. Johnson has made a career out of doing exactly that. I can see why you love him now.

As low as you can get.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 14:26
bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 14:22 Of course allowing people to meet at Christmas but Starmer wanted to do the same
A 100% LIE. Starmer always said we should listen to the scientists and was 100% AGAINST Christmas meet-ups.

I see how it works now. If you're wrong, just lie you're way out of it. Johnson has made a career out of doing exactly that. I can see why you love him now.

As low as you can get.
Starmer was all in favour of people meeting up it was a populist thing. He has never ever said anything before the event he does everything with the benefit of hindsight. I’m surprised even an out anarchist like you can’t see that.
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 14:36 Starmer was all in favour of people meeting up it was a populist thing. He has never ever said anything before the event he does everything with the benefit of hindsight. I’m surprised even an out anarchist like you can’t see that.
From December 15th 2020 (to help out the less intelligent, that's 10 days BEFORE Christmas)...

https://www.politicshome.com/news/artic ... irus-rules
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 15:30
bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 14:36 Starmer was all in favour of people meeting up it was a populist thing. He has never ever said anything before the event he does everything with the benefit of hindsight. I’m surprised even an out anarchist like you can’t see that.
From December 15th 2020 (to help out the less intelligent, that's 10 days BEFORE Christmas)...

https://www.politicshome.com/news/artic ... irus-rules
...and what happened the government did a u turn, did the majority listen I very much doubt it, my family did. We had Christmas dinner alone.
they're a prat!
White G

Post by White G »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 09:05
Brianposh wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 00:06 By today we have done nearly 6 million I BELIEVE,........ next nearest Germany nearly 2 million.
If you’re into bragging Brian, what’s your take on Britain reaching 100,000 deaths? .................Germany 46,000

Also it's worth remembering that Germany has a population of over 83 million whilst the UK is around 66 million. We have 17 million less people but still have more than double the deaths.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 20:14
Brianposh wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 00:06 By today we have done nearly 6 million I BELIEVE,........ next nearest Germany nearly 2 million.
If you’re into bragging Brian, what’s your take on Britain reaching 100,000 deaths? .................Germany 46,000

Also it's worth remembering that Germany has a population of over 83 million whilst the UK is around 66 million. We have 17 million less people but still have more than double the deaths.
Which bit of my post did you not understand
I go back to what I have said all along the population of Germany is spread out far more than England (I separate them off from the rest of UK because even in the home nations the death rate varies). The population density of Germany is nearly half that of England. How wonderful New Zealand has done 18 people per square kilometer, as opposed to 455 per square km, compare that to London 5701 per sq km, of course, the virus is going to spread far easier in a congested city. I watched a railway documentary the other day presented by Bill Nighy, there’s a station in a village with a population of 1 (in New Zealand) I have no doubt he doesn’t find it too difficult to self isolate.

If you ever become unemployed perhaps you could get a job as the BBCs political editor, the current one who is paid roughly a quarter of a million per annum, comes out with wonderful thought out comments like you. Yesterday, for example, she asked the PM now we have reached 100,000 deaths, how many more will there be, when will this end. Gosh, all that money and she asks how long is a piece of string.
they're a prat!
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

Bristle, I honestly think that Whitey & Gaz Google "bad news" looking for something to moan about
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

DaveLister wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 20:12 Bristle, I honestly think that Whitey & Gaz Google "bad news" looking for something to moan about
True, if it's not C19 its Brexit and getting the two confused.
they're a prat!
White G

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 23:33
White G wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 20:14

Which bit of my post did you not understand
I go back to what I have said all along the population of Germany is spread out far more than England (I separate them off from the rest of UK because even in the home nations the death rate varies). The population density of Germany is nearly half that of England. How wonderful New Zealand has done 18 people per square kilometer, as opposed to 455 per square km, compare that to London 5701 per sq km, of course, the virus is going to spread far easier in a congested city. I watched a railway documentary the other day presented by Bill Nighy, there’s a station in a village with a population of 1 (in New Zealand) I have no doubt he doesn’t find it too difficult to self isolate.

If you ever become unemployed perhaps you could get a job as the BBCs political editor, the current one who is paid roughly a quarter of a million per annum, comes out with wonderful thought out comments like you. Yesterday, for example, she asked the PM now we have reached 100,000 deaths, how many more will there be, when will this end. Gosh, all that money and she asks how long is a piece of string.
Crikey! I made one valid point in response to someone else's post, and you muster the above rant??? Wow!
White G

Post by White G »

DaveLister wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 20:12 Bristle, I honestly think that Whitey & Gaz Google "bad news" looking for something to moan about
Bristle's bizarre fascination with slandering the Labour Party & Kier Starmer is probably more negative.

Gaz & I are actually asking Brexiteers to list the positive things but they can't come up with any. If anything ,we're trying to find a feel-good factor by encouraging people to tell us positive news.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Why not just blame me, It's all my fault I voted for Brexit, nothing to do with Coronavirus but hey ho you and Gaz seem to think it's all tied in together
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Still no positives
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 01:25 Still no positives
There are many positives, we have a vaccination now and many of our most vulnerable have now been injected. Schools should get back at the beginning of March hopefully there will be a lot less holidays in the summer so that children can catch up on some of the 8 weeks that have been lost. I can just hear the teachers getting upset about losing their precious time off,but, they’ve already had that time off. Some have called for teachers to be first to get the vaccine after the fist four groups have been done by around mid February. Why? How are they more important than Supermarket employees, refuse collectors, transport staff that are getting people to work, and all the other emergency services like Police and Firefighters.
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

So, the government ignored the science again. Hasn't their defence always been that they were led by the science?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-min ... g-12206114

Also reading stories that Bojo the Clown is going to scrap the Tier system. Wasn't he warned by everybody that the Tier system just wouldn't work but he carried on regardless?

More lives down to one man.
― Unarine Ramaru