Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I assume that was aimed at me, my post had been made very tongue in cheek. I have no doubt their are anti semites in every party.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

What's the latest on vaccinations?
Here in Queensland it looks like being March or April for the rollout to start.
The health Dept isn't even sure that they are safe yet.
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

By today we have done nearly 6 million I BELIEVE,........ next nearest Germany nearly 2 million.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Brianposh wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 00:06 By today we have done nearly 6 million I BELIEVE,........ next nearest Germany nearly 2 million.
If you’re into bragging Brian, what’s your take on Britain reaching 100,000 deaths? .................Germany 46,000
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 09:05
Brianposh wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 00:06 By today we have done nearly 6 million I BELIEVE,........ next nearest Germany nearly 2 million.
If you’re into bragging Brian, what’s your take on Britain reaching 100,000 deaths? By far the worst in Europe.
Would never brag about such a situation without FULL KNOWLEDGE of EVERY aspect from day one, there is no-one that is, even the Government. Labour being in power would not have made any difference IMO. I isolated immediately and do not regret our decision but far too many have totally ignored all the rules/regulations, which has not helped BUT that is just one of the thousands of decisions made by a large number. Politicians of course have made many mistakes, ALL of them.
The rules brought in from day one should have been made law with very, very heavy penalties imposed for those that broke the rules,something I did say in March 2020.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Brianposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 09:36
Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 09:05
If you’re into bragging Brian, what’s your take on Britain reaching 100,000 deaths? By far the worst in Europe.
Would never brag about such a situation without FULL KNOWLEDGE of EVERY aspect from day one, there is no-one that is, even the Government. Labour being in power would not have made any difference IMO. I isolated immediately and do not regret our decision but far too many have totally ignored all the rules/regulations, which has not helped BUT that is just one of the thousands of decisions made by a large number. Politicians of course have made many mistakes, ALL of them.
The rules brought in from day one should have been made law with very, very heavy penalties imposed for those that broke the rules,something I did say in March 2020.
You bragged about us doing 6 million vaccines & quoted Germany doing less than 2 million. Did you have FULL KNOWLEDGE and all the facts for that?

And it's absolute nonsense that Labour (or anybody else) wouldn't have done any better. That is GUESSWORK.

The FACT is, this govenrment have the worst record in Europe. Only countries like USA & Brazil are doing worse, and they are led by even bigger lunatics than the one we have.

Add Russia into the mix, and the worst performing countries are all run by POPULIST leaders. Something that never works.
The problem is Johnson & his mates. Admit it.
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I go back to what I have said all along the population of Germany is spread out far mare that England (I separate them off from the rest of UK because even in the home nations the death rate varies). The population density of Germany is nearly half that of England. How wonderful New Zealand has done 18 people per square kilometre, as opposed to 455 per square km, compare that to London 5701 per sq km, of course the virus is going to spread far easier in a congested city. I watched a railway documentary the other day presented by Bill Nighy, there’s a station in a village with a population of 1 (in New Zealand) I have no doubt he doesn’t find it too difficult to self isolate.

If you ever become unemployed perhaps you could get a job as the BBCs political editor, the current one who is paid roughly a quarter of a million per annum, comes out with wonderful thought out comments like you. Yesterday for example, she asked the PM now we have reached 100,000 deaths, how many more will there be, when will this end. Gosh all that money and she asks how long is a piece of string.

If you totally ignore population per square km, then Belgium has a far worse rate than the uk.
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 09:56 I go back to what I have said all along the population of Germany is spread out far mare that England (I separate them off from the rest of UK because even in the home nations the death rate varies). The population density of Germany is nearly half that of England. How wonderful New Zealand has done 18 people per square kilometre, as opposed to 455 per square km, compare that to London 5701 per sq km, of course the virus is going to spread far easier in a congested city. I watched a railway documentary the other day presented by Bill Nighy, there’s a station in a village with a population of 1, I have no doubt he doesn’t find it too difficult to self isolate.

If you ever become unemployed perhaps you could get a job as the BBCs political editor, the current one who is paid roughly a quarter of a million per annum, comes out with wonderful thought out comments like you. Yesterday for example, she asked the PM now we have reached 100,000 deaths, how many more will there be, when will this end. Gosh all that money and she asks how long is a piece of string.
100% absolute poppycock. Maybe the worst response/excuse I've ever read on a forum.

STOP blaming absolutely everybody apart this totally inept government.

People like Dominic Cummings are so much more to blame for excess deaths than a BBC reporter.

You sound desperate.
Last edited by Gaz_Miller on 27 Jan 2021, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
― Unarine Ramaru
White G

Post by White G »

It's embarrassing how people react to Government criticism by saying "Labour wouldn't do any better". What kind of thought process goes on to say this??? Rather than facing up to the problems, you're making baseless claims that mean nothing. And what exactly is the purpose of saying this?? Digs at Labour don't get the Tories out this mess.

The vaccine story has been a success for the UK so far, but let's wait to see how it unfolds. There's talk of the UK using stock which was meant for other countries, so there may be troubles ahead.

Tory HQ are trying to spin the vaccine success story as proof that they're doing a great job, I think we all know that's not the case though.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 10:00
bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 09:56 I go back to what I have said all along the population of Germany is spread out far mare that England (I separate them off from the rest of UK because even in the home nations the death rate varies). The population density of Germany is nearly half that of England. How wonderful New Zealand has done 18 people per square kilometre, as opposed to 455 per square km, compare that to London 5701 per sq km, of course the virus is going to spread far easier in a congested city. I watched a railway documentary the other day presented by Bill Nighy, there’s a station in a village with a population of 1, I have no doubt he doesn’t find it too difficult to self isolate.

100% absolute poppycock. Maybe the worst response/excuse I've ever read on a forum.

STOP blaming absolutely everybody apart this totally inept government.

People like Dominic Cummings are so much more to blame for excess deaths than a BBC reporter.

You sound desperate.
I’m sure you only read the bits you want to, where did I say the BBC reporter was to blame, I just said she asked stupid questions, which she does. Dominic Cummins lost the plot, should have gone earlier but people using him to blame the government for others weaknesses is tantamount to hypocrisy. By the way when is the next rave.
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 11:40 I’m sure you only read the bits you want to, where did I say the BBC reporter was to blame, I just said she asked stupid questions, which she does. Dominic Cummins lost the plot, should have gone earlier but people using him to blame the government for others weaknesses is tantamount to hypocrisy. By the way when is the next rave.
Which do you think has spread the virus the most...

a) the odd rave, attended exclusively by under-30's
b) allowing every single family in the UK to meet up at Christmas?

...if you don't understand the above, come back & blame Corbyn & Dianne Abbott.
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 11:40 I’m sure you only read the bits you want to, where did I say the BBC reporter was to blame, I just said she asked stupid questions, which she does.
Laura Cuesenburg by any chance?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 13:17
bristleposh wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 11:40 I’m sure you only read the bits you want to, where did I say the BBC reporter was to blame, I just said she asked stupid questions, which she does.
Laura Cuesenburg by any chance?
Of course but you put an e in her name I thought it was nt
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Can you answer my question?
― Unarine Ramaru