Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Locked
HantsPosh
Posts: 792
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Coronavirus

Post by HantsPosh »

I meant since travel was ‘legal’ again from 17 May
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1281
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Cummings is certainly turning the knife. Be interesting to see if the right-wing papers report on it tomorrow.
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30973
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 26 May 2021, 15:47 Cummings is certainly turning the knife. Be interesting to see if the right-wing papers report on it tomorrow.
Of course they will, but Cummings is not a credible witness, the left wing never believed anything he said before so now he’s turned turtle they lap up every word.
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
User avatar
White G
Posts: 2222
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 26 May 2021, 16:42
Gaz_Miller wrote: 26 May 2021, 15:47 Cummings is certainly turning the knife. Be interesting to see if the right-wing papers report on it tomorrow.
Of course they will, but Cummings is not a credible witness, the left wing never believed anything he said before so now he’s turned turtle they lap up every word.
Flip the coin, this is a man who Johnson backed & trusted 100%. Is Cummings suddenly a liar or was it Johnson all along?

No matter what angle you take, the PM's reputation takes a further nosedive! I can't fathom why you're now trying to turn on the left Bristle, maybe you should sit down and actually look at things.
User avatar
White G
Posts: 2222
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White G »

Further to Bristle's feeble attempt to divert us from looking at the actual happenings, I think this shows that the "left" were completely right in their judgment of these two charlatans who are clearly both cut from the same cloth.

People such as Gaz and myself called them both out from the start and have been proven 100% correct. The best possible claim Bristle could make is that he was 50% right, that's if he's still blindly backing the PM.

So irrespective of Bristle's defiant stance, even he is forced to admit that we were right & he was wrong!!😃
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30973
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

I couldn’t give a monkeys about Johnson, I was happy with Maggie and John Major, Cameron was okay, but May and Johnson have both been disastrous. Their only saving grace were that they weren’t Brown, Corbyn or Starmer.
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1281
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Matt Hancock. I always knew he was a despicable little excuse of a human being, but the lies he’s told over protecting care homes.

Total disgrace & if Johnson had anything about him he’d sack him tonight. However, they’re all in it together.

Anybody over 80 who would still vote for this buffoon should hang their head in shame. He wanted you dead. He doesn’t care about you. Let the bodies pile high.
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30973
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 26 May 2021, 22:27 Matt Hancock. I always knew he was a despicable little excuse of a human being, but the lies he’s told over protecting care homes.

Total disgrace & if Johnson had anything about him he’d sack him tonight. However, they’re all in it together.

Anybody over 80 who would still vote for this buffoon should hang their head in shame. He wanted you dead. He doesn’t care about you. Let the bodies pile high.
anybody with half a brain would not vote Labour
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
User avatar
White G
Posts: 2222
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 26 May 2021, 23:03
Gaz_Miller wrote: 26 May 2021, 22:27 Matt Hancock. I always knew he was a despicable little excuse of a human being, but the lies he’s told over protecting care homes.

Total disgrace & if Johnson had anything about him he’d sack him tonight. However, they’re all in it together.

Anybody over 80 who would still vote for this buffoon should hang their head in shame. He wanted you dead. He doesn’t care about you. Let the bodies pile high.
anybody with half a brain would not vote Labour
Oh dear! It's amazing you still defend these guys by claiming that other guys would hypothetically do worse in your eyes. That's not really a strong case for your argument Bristle.
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1281
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 26 May 2021, 23:03
Gaz_Miller wrote: 26 May 2021, 22:27 Matt Hancock. I always knew he was a despicable little excuse of a human being, but the lies he’s told over protecting care homes.

Total disgrace & if Johnson had anything about him he’d sack him tonight. However, they’re all in it together.

Anybody over 80 who would still vote for this buffoon should hang their head in shame. He wanted you dead. He doesn’t care about you. Let the bodies pile high.
anybody with half a brain would not vote Labour
“Tens of thousands of people died who didn’t need to die”.

Thousands & thousands of lives destroyed, yet you call Labour out.

Is it because you voted for the buffoon that you need to attempt to deflect your guilt?
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30973
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 26 May 2021, 22:27

“Tens of thousands of people died who didn’t need to die”.

...and you believe this, Why? Because somebody, who the majority have been critical of, for just about everything in the past, says so. Yet no doubt you also totally ignore Matt Hancock’s denial.
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9538
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Brianposh »

bristleposh wrote: 27 May 2021, 07:56
Gaz_Miller wrote: 26 May 2021, 22:27

“Tens of thousands of people died who didn’t need to die”.

...and you believe this, Why? Because somebody, who the majority have been critical of, for just about everything in the past, says so. Yet no doubt you also totally ignore Matt Hancock’s denial.
Absolutely Nick.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1281
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 27 May 2021, 07:56 ...and you believe this, Why? Because somebody, who the majority have been critical of, for just about everything in the past, says so. Yet no doubt you also totally ignore Matt Hancock’s denial.
So, we believe him when he defends the government, and call him a liar when he criticises them?

Must admit, it's difficult to win any debate with that philosophy.


“Tens of thousands of people died who didn’t need to die” - I feel no guilt. I didn't vote for him.
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30973
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

Perhaps because he has only said these things since ha was sacked, hardly solid ground.
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19351
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 27 May 2021, 09:13 Perhaps because he has only said these things since ha was sacked, hardly solid ground.
Just shows him up to be a spiteful, vindictive little man.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Locked