Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Coronavirus

Post by HantsPosh »

2,412 new infections today down 62 on last Tuesday and 13 fewer deaths recorded yet SAGE & the BBC seem to want to report Armageddon as usual. Still no data to support this new variant being 50% more transmissible and ripping through society.
White G

Post by White G »

HantsPosh wrote: 17 May 2021, 14:10 So if cases in Bolton & Blackburn are out of control and rising sharply that must mean the rest of the country is infection free as it's ben steady around 2,500 a day during the week and 2,000 on weekends for a while now yet Johnson & all the 'experts' are ramping up ProjectFear again despite vaccinating 37 million people!

Lies, lies and more lies from ProjectFear HQ at number 10
Personally I'd say Number 10! have been guilty of underplaying Covid and their mistakes have been caused when they were being too lenient

Johnson is owned by big business, 80%+ of whom are losing money out of this. I don't quite get what he has to gain out of "Project Fear".

What is it you're not happy about Hantsposh?? Is Covid a hoax? Do you think allowing normal life to resume immediately is a good decision for the NHS? Or is it cos you haven't managed to make it to Torremolinos in a a year?
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Allowing passengers to mix freely at crowded airports when they arrive back from both green & amber listed countries is another recipe for disaster.

When will this government ever learn? They closed the Indian border down three days late because of a trade deal & now they are telling people to use 'common sense' when they travel.

Absolute idiots
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
ashman

Post by ashman »

Using common sense in order to travel will always make sense. In the light of developments in the last few days, anyone even considering travelling abroad must need their head testing. It 'could' be dangerous to them or maybe even more importantly, traveling could endanger the lives of others. In my opinion that is selfish beyond belief!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 20 May 2021, 11:28 Using common sense in order to travel will always make sense. In the light of developments in the last few days, anyone even considering travelling abroad must need their head testing. It 'could' be dangerous to them or maybe even more importantly, traveling could endanger the lives of others. In my opinion that is selfish beyond belief!
So why give people the choice? It's like opening pubs & telling people they are wrong to go in them.

This is the part I just do not understand. If it's 'wrong', 'selfish', 'endangers life' etc etc, then why is travel even allowed to these countries?

There really is a very simple fix.
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I have a holiday booked for September, if there is still confusing I shall just cancel and rearrange for a future time. If people are too stupid too heed guidance then they are probably Labour voters.
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

I was trying to be serious & not point score.

I genuinely cannot see the point of allowing people to fly to countries & then call them stupid for flying there. Likewise, I cannot see the point of opening pubs & calling people stupid for going in them. The list is endless.

If I go to a restaurant this weekend, eat indoors & end up catching/spreading a variant of covid, am I stupid for going to that restaurant or is stupid to allow me the opportunity to go there?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 20 May 2021, 13:55 I was trying to be serious & not point score.

I genuinely cannot see the point of allowing people to fly to countries & then call them stupid for flying there. Likewise, I cannot see the point of opening pubs & calling people stupid for going in them. The list is endless.

If I go to a restaurant this weekend, eat indoors & end up catching/spreading a variant of covid, am I stupid for going to that restaurant or is stupid to allow me the opportunity to go there?
If you’ve had both jabs you should be relatively safe, as far as I’m aware none of the 5000 who attended the gig in Liverpool have got ill, likewise the cup final audience, I haven’t heard of anyone going down with the lurgy from drinking or eating outside. I don’t actually have the information, but I have little doubt Sky, BBC, ITN, or C4 News would have been all over it.
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

Good luck with the holiday brizzle. My wife and I have postponed ours for the second year. Our destination is currently an amber destination, however even if it became a green destination tomorrow we will still not go this year.

The rationale behind our decision is that were we to go, we would be in close proximity to people who may not have had any vaccine, who may actually be carrying the virus and who may be from a red nation. I'm not into this 'hindsight' game, however I do feel that giving people the choice could come and bite us in the arse. I hope I'm wrong
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Slabby wrote: 20 May 2021, 14:45 Good luck with the holiday brizzle. My wife and I have postponed ours for the second year. Our destination is currently an amber destination, however even if it became a green destination tomorrow we will still not go this year.

The rationale behind our decision is that were we to go, we would be in close proximity to people who may not have had any vaccine, who may actually be carrying the virus and who may be from a red nation. I'm not into this 'hindsight' game, however I do feel that giving people the choice could come and bite us in the arse. I hope I'm wrong
And this is my point entirely. Giving people the opportunity to travel, and therefore do nothing illegal, could be a recipe for disaster. You simply cannot blame the public for that.

New Zealand didn't give people a choice.
White G

Post by White G »

The Indian fiasco was the Conservative government at its worst. Then Bristle tries to imply that it's Labour voters that are stupid???

Boris Johnson said "let the bodies pile high" in preference to extending lockdown measures. I can't fathom how Labour voters can be blamed in this instance.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 20 May 2021, 18:55 The Indian fiasco was the Conservative government at its worst. Then Bristle tries to imply that it's Labour voters that are stupid???

Boris Johnson said "let the bodies pile high" in preference to extending lockdown measures. I can't fathom how Labour voters can be blamed in this instance.
You must enjoy twisting what people say, if you look up a dictionary under Labour voters it says stupid, I rest my case.
White G

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 20 May 2021, 19:04
White G wrote: 20 May 2021, 18:55 The Indian fiasco was the Conservative government at its worst. Then Bristle tries to imply that it's Labour voters that are stupid???

You must enjoy twisting what people say, if you look up a dictionary under Labour voters it says stupid, I rest my case.
You're extremely bizarre Bristle!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Hasn't everybody in an airport had to have a negative test in order to be there anyway so therefore where's the risk?
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

HantsPosh wrote: 21 May 2021, 09:10 Hasn't everybody in an airport had to have a negative test in order to be there anyway so therefore where's the risk?
So the 20000 who piled into the UK a few weeks back and bomb-bursted to Bolton, Bradford, Luton, Bedford etc all had a piece of paper saying they were clear? Yeah, right. If that was the case, don't you think that Boris or Hancock would have said that when they were getting grilled by the media?