Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
HantsPosh
Posts: 738
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Coronavirus

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 13:50 I think you’ll find there would be even less votes for Sir Smug and his greasy cohorts if people needed to pass an IQ test in order to vote.
or to stand as a candidate as well?? then we might have been spared 'let the bodies pile up whilst you all pay for my new wallpaper' Johnson
User avatar
White G
Posts: 2188
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White G »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 13:46
bristleposh wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 10:13 The truth of the matter is easy to work out, according to the latest polls the Tories have a big lead, this is because people are not interested in what colour wallpaper is in number eleven or what Boris says in private conversations but far more interested in results and facts about the economy and the roll-out of the vaccination programme. Once Labour realises this we may have some kind of opposition in this country, for the time being, all we have are irrelevant sound bites.
And that's what a lot of other people cannot get their heads around Bristle.

People SHOULD care where their tax money goes & SHOULD care that Johnson has not declared where the money came from. They should also care that their PM lies for fun, says 'let the bodies pile high' after he almost died from covid & awarded many contracts to friends of a friend worth billions of pounds.

However, I've come to the conclusion that Johnson isn't at fault, he didn't vote for himself. The blame lies at the feet of the voter which yet again throws up the dilemma of passing a basic IQ test before you're allowed to put pen to paper.
You've just hit the nail on the head Gaz. Too many folk more outraged in a European Super League than the corruption of our government. The media are pushing the selective rage, but of course (Daily Mirror aside) decide to protect the Tories in return for their tax dodges.

All the tabloid-led outrage about Corbyn being a terrorist, even though he helped play his part in the peace process. The accusation of him being a spy, the portal of his ideas as crazy yet they all work in other similar countries etc etc. People like you get outraged by things like this, but sit back & meekly accept the stealing, corruption & lies of our government without question. The press however put Boris up as "one of us", and tries his best. Imagine they gave him a hard time like Corbyn? They would destroy him in a minute, but they won't as he's the billionaire's friend.

Hatred of the EU, hatred of Scotland, hatred of socialism (despite enjoying socialist healthcare), hatred of people who rely on benefits, you come out with all the classic scapegoats Bristle. Classic, well-used tactics used the world over to divide & conquer. Whilst some of the less smart people don't think to question the real reasons, the majority seem unable to look deeper. It's sad that people are so deluded & niave.
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30652
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 01 May 2021, 00:30

You've just hit the nail on the head Gaz. Too many folk more outraged in a European Super League than the corruption of our government. The media are pushing the selective rage, but of course (Daily Mirror aside) decide to protect the Tories in return for their tax dodges.

All the tabloid-led outrage about Corbyn being a terrorist, even though he helped play his part in the peace process. The accusation of him being a spy, the portal of his ideas as crazy yet they all work in other similar countries etc etc. People like you get outraged by things like this, but sit back & meekly accept the stealing, corruption & lies of our government without question. The press however put Boris up as "one of us", and tries his best. Imagine they gave him a hard time like Corbyn? They would destroy him in a minute, but they won't as he's the billionaire's friend.

Hatred of the EU, hatred of Scotland, hatred of socialism (despite enjoying socialist healthcare), hatred of people who rely on benefits, you come out with all the classic scapegoats Bristle. Classic, well-used tactics used the world over to divide & conquer. Whilst some of the less smart people don't think to question the real reasons, the majority seem unable to look deeper. It's sad that people are so deluded & niave.
I suppose you are one of these who thinks the country should go back to to living life in the 1940s with coupons to do the shopping. Where the aim, like in Animal Farm is that all people are equal except some are more equal than others. There are many countries where socialism has been tried, it doesn’t work in a democracy because once people work out that they are not getting rewarded for the work they put in, and IMO deserve they vote out these horrible people you would have us running the country. At least Corbyn was genuine in his stupidity unlike Starmer, who is not to far removed from Blair.
Some of the countries you claim are run better than this one. Name them, and look at the way they are run and I guarantee that a lorry driver will not enjoy getting the same money as a van driver. A doctor getting the same money as a nurse. A shop manager getting the same as a till operator, whilst all getting the same. I think not, the harder you work the more you deserve it’s not rocket science.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 21140
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp »

Are we allowed to ask questions about coronavirus on this thread?
More and more people here in Queensland are saying that they think there is more chance of getting health problems by having the vaccine than by not having it.
What are people saying in the UK?
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30652
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

tonyp wrote: 01 May 2021, 08:40 Are we allowed to ask questions about coronavirus on this thread?
More and more people here in Queensland are saying that they think there is more chance of getting health problems by having the vaccine than by not having it.
What are people saying in the UK?
You have a few anti vaxers in this country but mainly people have remained healthy and feel more secure after having it administered.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
White G
Posts: 2188
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 01 May 2021, 08:07Some of the countries you claim are run better than this one. Name them, and look at the way they are run and I guarantee that a lorry driver will not enjoy getting the same money as a van driver. A doctor getting the same money as a nurse. A shop manager getting the same as a till operator, whilst all getting the same. I think not, the harder you work the more you deserve it’s not rocket science.
I think you're mixing up Socialism with Communism. The NHS is a socialist organisation & doctors DO get paid way more than nurses. In fact we have professionals coming from overseas to work for us so the rewards can't be that bad. Silly, silly point Bristle!

The UK is a socialist country in terms of healthcare, education & basic privileges (libraries/sports facilities etc). Others who are perhaps more Socialist & also more successful are Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Iceland. And that's just off the top of my head.

Back to school and learn the definition of these words Bristle.

Anyway, the Socialist approach is the only way to deal with Covid. A Capitalist policy of only vaccinating the people who could afford it, would not stop this virus from causing mayhem. As a society, we pay in and should get back.
HantsPosh
Posts: 738
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Coronavirus

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 01 May 2021, 09:04
tonyp wrote: 01 May 2021, 08:40 Are we allowed to ask questions about coronavirus on this thread?
More and more people here in Queensland are saying that they think there is more chance of getting health problems by having the vaccine than by not having it.
What are people saying in the UK?
You have a few anti vaxers in this country but mainly people have remained healthy and feel more secure after having it administered.
That coupled with the rhetoric from the Govt that you won’t be allowed to live you life and attend ANYTHING unless you’ve been jabbed, it’s the only reason I’m getting it
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19126
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 01 May 2021, 09:04 You have a few anti vaxers in this country but mainly people have remained healthy and feel more secure after having it administered.
It's everybody's democratic right to take the vaccine or reject it.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 21140
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 01 May 2021, 19:08 It's everybody's democratic right to take the vaccine or reject it.
Carers here have been told "No jab. No job."
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30652
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 01 May 2021, 19:08
bristleposh wrote: 01 May 2021, 09:04 You have a few anti vaxers in this country but mainly people have remained healthy and feel more secure after having it administered.
It's everybody's democratic right to take the vaccine or reject it.
They have the right, but really should take a good hard look at the evidence, not taking it not only endangers themselves but their loved ones and others close to them.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 21140
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 02 May 2021, 07:33
ashman wrote: 01 May 2021, 19:08 It's everybody's democratic right to take the vaccine or reject it.
They have the right, but really should take a good hard look at the evidence, not taking it not only endangers themselves but their loved ones and others close to them.
I've used that argument with the residents here who are refusing to get vaccinated.
One of the replies is that if everybody except them get the jab then they are not endangering anybody except themselves.
User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9515
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Brianposh »

Hopefully, IMO, most entrances to venues like flying/ football Stadiums/shops/cinemas/etc.etc. will insist on proof of having had a vaccine before being allowed entry. If not they stay away.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30652
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

Brianposh wrote: 02 May 2021, 08:41 Hopefully, IMO, most entrances to venues like flying/ football Stadiums/shops/cinemas/etc.etc. will insist on proof of having had a vaccine before being allowed entry. If not they stay away.
Well said that man
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 21140
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp »

Brianposh wrote: 02 May 2021, 08:41 Hopefully, IMO, most entrances to venues like flying/ football Stadiums/shops/cinemas/etc.etc. will insist on proof of having had a vaccine before being allowed entry. If not they stay away.
I agree. I don't have any proof though.
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 21140
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp »

tonyp wrote: 02 May 2021, 08:26
bristleposh wrote: 02 May 2021, 07:33
ashman wrote: 01 May 2021, 19:08 It's everybody's democratic right to take the vaccine or reject it.
They have the right, but really should take a good hard look at the evidence, not taking it not only endangers themselves but their loved ones and others close to them.
I've used that argument with the residents here who are refusing to get vaccinated.
One of the replies is that if everybody except them get the jab then they are not endangering anybody except themselves.
This was discussed again today with a group of residents.
It's hard to believe that some people can be so selfish.
Post Reply