Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 17:49
bristleposh wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:51
Gaz_Miller wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 11:30

Of course there will be. And the South African variant will mean loskdown number 4 by autumn
...and no doubt the government will get the blame despite it being the fault of stupid people who can’t follow rules
Follow what rules? You mean having to drink and eat outside in freezing temperatures whilst we can all cram indoors in a gym or shopping centre? And according to ProjectFear, privately owned sports ground are vectors of disease but if they’re publicly owned recs then they’re fine.

Over 30 million vaccinated which according to that moron Johnson isn’t responsible for the drastic fall in cases at all, no it was all due to lockdown. ProjectFear and Johnson absolutely desperate to retain control before they slip back into anonymity. It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so pathetic.
You want Project Fear, perhaps you could move to Minnesota and do some looting.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
White G

Post by White G »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 11:30
White G wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 10:59 Wonder if there'll be a surge again after the behaviours yesterday.?
Of course there will be. And the South African variant will mean loskdown number 4 by autumn
...and no doubt the government will get the blame despite it being the fault of stupid people who can’t follow rules
There's no doubt that it's a mix of the 2.
White G

Post by White G »

Hantsposh, I get your frustrations but there has to be controls & conditions. Sometimes it can lead to direct comparisons seeming stupid, but it's hard to get it spot on.

I do understand some conspiracy theories but I don't get how some folk think this is all nonsense. For the whole world to unite to leave so many industries struggling, I just can't see this as a scam.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

It’s clearly not a conspiracy but has been massively over hyped as a result of it occurring during the snowflake and social media age.

Whitty, Vallence, Hancock, Johnson have engaged in a rhetoric of fear perpetuated by this ‘stay safe’ and be ‘cautious’ nonsense. It’s a virus not a plague of wild animals.

The ‘rules’ are made up as they go along and they refuse to acknowledge any mistakes they make and just make more stupid rules to justify themselves. Clear evidence of this is the nonsense around watching minor sports events on public or private land.

Any sports clubhouse can only open outside but cannot be open if a grass roots sports event is taking place on private land as spectators are not allowed! Almost as pathetic as the whole Scotch Egg nonsense from last autumn.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

There are indeed some stupid rules, but better safe than sorry, in brighter news I had my second dose today, sadly my cock fell off.
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

My wife and I had our first jabs yesterday. The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination which is the one that they are not giving to people under 55 because of the (very low) risk of blood clots.

I am a bit worried by this article in the New York Times which I received today. My wife is confined to a wheelchair and obviously has prolonged sitting or bed rest.
From the New York Times
14 April 2021
AstraZeneca Vaccine and Blood Clots
In rare cases, an immune reaction has led to antibodies that caused a serious clotting disorder. But public health experts maintain the vaccine’s benefits far outweigh the risks for most people.
Clots form in response to injuries and can also be caused by many illnesses, including cancer and genetic disorders, certain drugs and prolonged sitting or bed rest. Clots that form in the legs sometimes break off and travel to the lungs or, rarely, to the brain, where they can be deadly.
The clots in recipients of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine have drawn heightened concern because of their unusual constellation of symptoms: blockages in major veins, often those that drain blood from the brain, combined with low platelet counts. Platelets are a blood component involved in clotting.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

tonyp wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 04:40 My wife and I had our first jabs yesterday. The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination which is the one that they are not giving to people under 55 because of the (very low) risk of blood clots.

I am a bit worried by this article in the New York Times which I received today. My wife is confined to a wheelchair and obviously has prolonged sitting or bed rest.
From the New York Times
14 April 2021
AstraZeneca Vaccine and Blood Clots
In rare cases, an immune reaction has led to antibodies that caused a serious clotting disorder. But public health experts maintain the vaccine’s benefits far outweigh the risks for most people.
Clots form in response to injuries and can also be caused by many illnesses, including cancer and genetic disorders, certain drugs and prolonged sitting or bed rest. Clots that form in the legs sometimes break off and travel to the lungs or, rarely, to the brain, where they can be deadly.
The clots in recipients of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine have drawn heightened concern because of their unusual constellation of symptoms: blockages in major veins, often those that drain blood from the brain, combined with low platelet counts. Platelets are a blood component involved in clotting.
Read what Tony Blair has to say Tony. Nothing but common sense. Perhaps our buffoon of a PM should take this on board.

There should be public information films on prime time TV all over the world informing people of the huge benefits of the vaccine. Things cannot go back to 'normal' without it.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-ton ... d-12282181
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 18:23
HantsPosh wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 17:49
You want Project Fear, perhaps you could move to Minnesota and do some looting.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

or maybe I could stay living in a country where the Prime Minister is happy to 'let the bodies pile up' and then a few weeks later claim that the, thankfully, huge drop in cases and deaths is all down to the lockdown (he didn't want :? ) and not the vaccine he's been guilt tripping and blackmailing everyone into getting!

You must be delighted there's no credible opposition at the moment Bristle but I think the tory boys can look forward to a rather large bloody nose in the local elections!

Sorry, not sure why this has appeared as a separate post, tablet is playing up!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

The greasy one was all over the news today claiming all sorts of things that weren’t true, with people like Jonathan Ashworth at the forefront the only problems the Tories will have will come from the libdems, the greens, or one of the right wing parties. Labour are defunct
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 16:25 The greasy one was all over the news today claiming all sorts of things that weren’t true, with people like Jonathan Ashworth at the forefront the only problems the Tories will have will come from the libdems, the greens, or one of the right wing parties. Labour are defunct
Agreed which is why the Tories can be so incompetent as there's no credible opposition
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 16:25 The greasy one was all over the news today claiming all sorts of things that weren’t true, with people like Jonathan Ashworth at the forefront the only problems the Tories will have will come from the libdems, the greens, or one of the right wing parties. Labour are defunct
So are you happy with 'let the bodies pile up' comments from your leader? The same leader who claimed the NHS saved his life and stopped him from becomming one of the bodies.

The bloke couldn't care less about the likes of you, me or every single person out there in the real world. The sad thing is, people voted for him, and the same people would vote for him again.

He must piss himself laughing every single night that there are millions of idiots duped by his ways.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 13:24
So are you happy with 'let the bodies pile up' comments from your leader? The same leader who claimed the NHS saved his life and stopped him from becomming one of the bodies.
...and you believe this to be true because you believe the nonsense spouted by the Donkey Farmer at PMQs I should imagine you are one of those that believe anything that creep and his even creepier front bench say.
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 14:03 ...and you believe this to be true because you believe the nonsense spouted by the Donkey Farmer at PMQs I should imagine you are one of those that believe anything that creep and his even creepier front bench say.
Didn't even know Starmer had said anything. I believed the BBC, Sky, Channel 4, Guardian, Independant & Daily Mail. In other words, everybody irrespective of political side.
― Unarine Ramaru
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

Is there still a Labour Party in existence ?
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.