Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16654
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DaveLister »

bristleposh wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 14:54 Yes that the opposition is crap
In fairness Bristle, the Tories won the election because the electorate looked at the Labour Party and thought, bugger that.
Image
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30422
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... n-auckland

What on earth is wrong with this bloody virus don't they know that Jacinda Ardern is God and it isn't allowed to appear in that country
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18876
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 10:25 https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... n-auckland

What on earth is wrong with this bloody virus don't they know that Jacinda Ardern is God and it isn't allowed to appear in that country
To be fair to her and New Zealand in general they have managed the virus very well. They had an outbreak earlier in the year, locked down straight away and nullified any advance. They seem to be doing the same again! Well done Jacinda Ardern!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30422
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

I do know they have, but with a population of half that of London, it must be far easier to lock down that a country of 20 times that population, a lot of who think we shouldn't be locked down at all.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18876
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 10:47 I do know they have, but with a population of half that of London, it must be far easier to lock down that a country of 20 times that population, a lot of who think we shouldn't be locked down at all.
Agreed but the antivaccs etc. are totally wrong!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
User avatar
White G
Posts: 2158
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 10:47 I do know they have, but with a population of half that of London, it must be far easier to lock down that a country of 20 times that population, a lot of who think we shouldn't be locked down at all.
Sounds like you're making excuses for our failures & seem bitter towards NZ's success. Yes, their challenges were less difficult but we're also an island nation & made so many mistakes which they didn't make.

Your comment's tone is a bit bizarre. What exactly your point? We closed things down too late & we're still not properly shutting our borders. They also didn't have an inept leader who was shaking hands with people in a Corona ward in a calamitous attempt to show us he's not scared of the virus. Our country votes for these idiots though, it's utterly mad!!

Rather than making cheap shots & excuses for our failures, shouldn't we be learning from countries who do it right? Making bitter digs & using the minor failures of others to justify our disaster, isn't a very progressive way of thinking Bristle.
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30422
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 16:14
bristleposh wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 10:47 I do know they have, but with a population of half that of London, it must be far easier to lock down that a country of 20 times that population, a lot of who think we shouldn't be locked down at all.
Sounds like you're making excuses for our failures & seem bitter towards NZ's success. Yes, their challenges were less difficult but we're also an island nation & made so many mistakes which they didn't make.

Your comment's tone is a bit bizarre. What exactly your point? We closed things down too late & we're still not properly shutting our borders. They also didn't have an inept leader who was shaking hands with people in a Corona ward in a calamitous attempt to show us he's not scared of the virus. Our country votes for these idiots though, it's utterly mad!!

Rather than making cheap shots & excuses for our failures, shouldn't we be learning from countries who do it right? Making bitter digs & using the minor failures of others to justify our disaster, isn't a very progressive way of thinking Bristle.
My goodness me, which part of the alternative to voting for that idiot would have been even worse. We can see it, handing the keys to Corbyn or Davey would have been a calamity.
Last edited by bristleposh on 15 Feb 2021, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1056
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gaz_Miller »

White G wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 16:14
Sounds like you're making excuses for our failures & seem bitter towards NZ's success. Yes, their challenges were less difficult but we're also an island nation & made so many mistakes which they didn't make.

Your comment's tone is a bit bizarre. What exactly your point? We closed things down too late & we're still not properly shutting our borders. They also didn't have an inept leader who was shaking hands with people in a Corona ward in a calamitous attempt to show us he's not scared of the virus. Our country votes for these idiots though, it's utterly mad!!

Rather than making cheap shots & excuses for our failures, shouldn't we be learning from countries who do it right? Making bitter digs & using the minor failures of others to justify our disaster, isn't a very progressive way of thinking Bristle.
Spot on.

I blame Harold Wilson.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30422
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 10:25
White G wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 16:14
Sounds like you're making excuses for our failures & seem bitter towards NZ's success. Yes, their challenges were less difficult but we're also an island nation & made so many mistakes which they didn't make.

Your comment's tone is a bit bizarre. What exactly your point? We closed things down too late & we're still not properly shutting our borders. They also didn't have an inept leader who was shaking hands with people in a Corona ward in a calamitous attempt to show us he's not scared of the virus. Our country votes for these idiots though, it's utterly mad!!

Rather than making cheap shots & excuses for our failures, shouldn't we be learning from countries who do it right? Making bitter digs & using the minor failures of others to justify our disaster, isn't a very progressive way of thinking Bristle.
Spot on.

I blame Harold Wilson.
You really should open your eyes to the real world, possibly stop reading The Guardian and get some proper information in your head.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6512
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Poshay »

It appears that being in an ethnic minority now gives one preferential access to vaccine treatment ; announced just today.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:
User avatar
White G
Posts: 2158
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 11:45
Gaz_Miller wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 10:25
White G wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 16:14
Sounds like you're making excuses for our failures & seem bitter towards NZ's success. Yes, their challenges were less difficult but we're also an island nation & made so many mistakes which they didn't make.

Your comment's tone is a bit bizarre. What exactly your point? We closed things down too late & we're still not properly shutting our borders. They also didn't have an inept leader who was shaking hands with people in a Corona ward in a calamitous attempt to show us he's not scared of the virus. Our country votes for these idiots though, it's utterly mad!!

Rather than making cheap shots & excuses for our failures, shouldn't we be learning from countries who do it right? Making bitter digs & using the minor failures of others to justify our disaster, isn't a very progressive way of thinking Bristle.
Spot on.

I blame Harold Wilson.
You really should open your eyes to the real world, possibly stop reading The Guardian and get some proper information in your head.
I think you're the one that needs to join the real world Bristle. You hide behind so much clear evidence, while justifying it by speculating that someone else wouldve done worse.

Just imagine you lived by that code. Imagine your was spending your money, beating you up & making you sleep on the floor. Would you say "She's still nicer than Hitler" to justify staying with her????
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30422
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 20:08

I think you're the one that needs to join the real world Bristle. You hide behind so much clear evidence, while justifying it by speculating that someone else wouldve done worse.

Just imagine you lived by that code. Imagine your was spending your money, beating you up & making you sleep on the floor. Would you say "She's still nicer than Hitler" to justify staying with her????
You talk rubbish, I don’t even need to answer your hypothetical question.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20975
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tonyp »

In Australia twelve people were vaccinated today.Vaccinations for the rest of the country starts tomorrow.
(Prime Minister Scott Morrison was number twelve)
HantsPosh
Posts: 642
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Coronavirus

Post by HantsPosh »

In the UK we're going to be asked 'where are your papers' in the future, it's like going back 80 years to WW2 and the Nazis
Post Reply