Introduce Yourself

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Cookie2810

New Fan

Post by Cookie2810 »

Just wanted to say hi to all The Posh fans. As someone born in Peterborough I have always followed them. I remember the days of King Kenny Charlery, through Gareth Jelleyman, Matt Etherington, Craig Mackaill-Smith.

Following the news this evening about a Super League I can genuinely say I am ashamed to have been a Manchester United fan all my life.

I am happy to say I now pledge my loyalty to The Posh as my number one team.
bristleposh

Re: New Fan

Post by bristleposh »

Cookie2810 wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 21:04 Just wanted to say hi to all The Posh fans. As someone born in Peterborough I have always followed them. I remember the days of King Kenny Charlery, through Gareth Jelleyman, Matt Etherington, Craig Mackaill-Smith.

Following the news this evening about a Super League I can genuinely say I am ashamed to have been a Manchester United fan all my life.

Welcome
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
Cookie2810

Post by Cookie2810 »

Thanks! Pleasure to be here!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Welcome Cookie. You have joined at a great time as we all await promotion to the Championship.
If you would like to visit "Introduce Yourself" on the General Chat forum you might like to tell us a bit more about yourself.
ashman

Post by ashman »

You are very welcome Cookie2810.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Cookie2810

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Cookie2810 »

Hi,

Steve here. Born in Peterborough, followed them as a second team for years after supporting Moneychester United since mid 80’s. After yesterday’s news about Super League I am happy to now support Peterborough United
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Cookie2810 wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 09:11 Hi,

Steve here. Born in Peterborough, followed them as a second team for years after supporting Moneychester United since mid 80’s. After yesterday’s news about Super League I am happy to now support Peterborough United
Good on you, Steve.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Cookie2810 wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 21:04 Just wanted to say hi to all The Posh fans. As someone born in Peterborough I have always followed them. I remember the days of King Kenny Charlery, through Gareth Jelleyman, Matt Etherington, Craig Mackaill-Smith.

Welcome Cookie, out of interest why the objection the ESL? I'm struggling to see what the issue is to be honest. They're not saying they want to leave the EPL but just to play European games midweek. As far as I can see the only thing that would 'suffer' is the League Cup and would anyone miss that if it went.

This was all announced on the same day UEFA released their proposals for more games in their competitions with the purpose to make more money from TV deals, which seems to have gone unnoticed.

Football is a form of entertainment like music or the cinema. If you're paying £50 for a ticket would you rather watch Cristiano Ronaldo or Ashley Barnes? How many people go to the cinema to watch a Hollywood Blockbuster as opposed to a local very low budget film.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

He probably feels the same about lock down, did I see you on the news last night refusing to let Starmer into your pub
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Nope I thought that was you given your love of all things Labour :wink:
bigjockknew

Post by bigjockknew »

Hello everyone. Just joined the forum, so I will give a quick and honest introduction. We live in Corby and I am Rangers born and bred. The wife is from Dogsthorpe so plenty of Saturdays spent in Peterborough. Have been to London Road a good few times over the years. To be honest I have not been that impressed with the lower leagues. Hopefully I get to see the Posh in the Championship more often and a better standard of football on a regular basis. Would also like to say it was great to see you get promoted. Dont expect miracles straight away, if you can stay in the Championship in the first season, that would be a result.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Rangers born and bred and you have the temerity to criticise Posh and the lower leagues?
Welcome 'bigjocknew.'
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Scott Welland

Post by Scott Welland »

What did big jock know?

I've been a Posh fan since the early nineties when I was old enough to start going to games with my friends from school

Favourite Posh player - CMS

Favourite Match - the 2011 play off final

Favourite manager - Darren Ferguson

First match - Posh 1 Birmingham City 0 in 1993
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Our newest member.

STATISTICS
Total posts 111398 • Total topics 8724 • Total members 7155 • Our newest member Ron Jeremy