Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bristleposh »

tonyp wrote: 02 May 2021, 09:47
tonyp wrote: 02 May 2021, 08:26
bristleposh wrote: 02 May 2021, 07:33

They have the right, but really should take a good hard look at the evidence, not taking it not only endangers themselves but their loved ones and others close to them.
I've used that argument with the residents here who are refusing to get vaccinated.
One of the replies is that if everybody except them get the jab then they are not endangering anybody except themselves.
This was discussed again today with a group of residents.
It's hard to believe that some people can be so selfish.
If everybody takes that attitude there will be many thinking they are only endangering themselves,and are therefore endangering all of those.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Brianposh wrote: 02 May 2021, 08:41 Hopefully, IMO, most entrances to venues like flying/ football Stadiums/shops/cinemas/etc.etc. will insist on proof of having had a vaccine before being allowed entry. If not they stay away.
Do you want the same for the flu jab and any other transmissible disease you can get vaccinated against and how long do these ‘papers’ last, do we have to get jabbed every 6 months and show ‘evidence’?

People have a right in a free country NOT to receive a vaccine if they don’t want one. I’m getting jabbed only so I can watch Northamptonshire and England play Cricket again but will boycott ALL businesses that make it a requirement to show ‘papers’ to gain entry.
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 02 May 2021, 19:51
Brianposh wrote: 02 May 2021, 08:41 Hopefully, IMO, most entrances to venues like flying/ football Stadiums/shops/cinemas/etc.etc. will insist on proof of having had a vaccine before being allowed entry. If not they stay away.
Do you want the same for the flu jab and any other transmissible disease you can get vaccinated against and how long do these ‘papers’ last, do we have to get jabbed every 6 months and show ‘evidence’?

People have a right in a free country NOT to receive a vaccine if they don’t want one. I’m getting jabbed only so I can watch Northamptonshire and England play Cricket again but will boycott ALL businesses that make it a requirement to show ‘papers’ to gain entry.
This pandemic has been so much more different to many other diseases. It has been called a 'pandemic' because that is just what it is.
A pandemic is defined as “an epidemic occurring worldwide, or over a very wide area, crossing international boundaries and usually affecting a large number of people.”
It therefore needs to be treated in a different manner to oher complaints. Once everyone who wants the vaccine has been catered for and the huge numbers of deaths slowed right down to 'normal' levels I think that re-vaccination will become the norm for those wanting to be ultra cautious. The more that people refuse an initial vaccination then the longer that subsequent jabs will be required for the cautious ones in life.
The other very worrying result of this disease is the now becoming well documented problems with 'Long covid' which has affected some of those who have had it severely and also some who have had very little problems with the initial disease. Check The Health Foundation's take on this.

https://www.health.org.uk/news-and-comm ... aWEALw_wcB
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
White G

Post by White G »

HantsPosh wrote: 02 May 2021, 19:51I’m getting jabbed only so I can watch Northamptonshire and England play Cricket again but will boycott ALL businesses that make it a requirement to show ‘papers’ to gain entry.
1) Northamptonshire Cricket Club are a business.
2) Why will you boycott these businesses? (With the exception of Northamptonshire Cricket Club).

I don't see why you have an issue with businesses who are looking out for their customers' safety. Anyway, with your bizarre outlook, I doubt you'll be missed in any of these places anyway!!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

White G wrote: 04 May 2021, 18:31
HantsPosh wrote: 02 May 2021, 19:51I’m getting jabbed only so I can watch Northamptonshire and England play Cricket again but will boycott ALL businesses that make it a requirement to show ‘papers’ to gain entry.
1) Northamptonshire Cricket Club are a business.
2) Why will you boycott these businesses? (With the exception of Northamptonshire Cricket Club).

I don't see why you have an issue with businesses who are looking out for their customers' safety. Anyway, with your bizarre outlook, I doubt you'll be missed in any of these places anyway!!
Customer's safety? You mean the pubs that ply people with beer until they can't stand up and then kick them out at 11pm to stumble home whilst peeing in the street and fighting.

And Northamptonshire CCC aren't making it a requirement to show papers for entry it's ProjectFear.