Russia & the World Cup

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

RutlandOne

Russia & the World Cup

Post by RutlandOne »

So with Sweden, Czech, and Poland all saying they will not play against Russia (and with everyone from F1 & Boxing to Chess and Judo taking a tough stance) we now have

"Fifa has ordered Russia to complete their upcoming matches without their flag, anthem and as the Football Union of Russia in neutral territory, following the invasion of Ukraine"

on the BBC site.

Does anyone else think this is a cop-out by an organisation interested in little but making money?

Personally I would like to see England, Germany, Spain, and the US all stating that if Russia remain in the competition then they will all withdraw.
bristleposh

Re: Russia & the World Cup

Post by bristleposh »

I wonder if Boris Koltsov and Aleksandr Oreshkin will throw any darts this summer
We were much improved under McCann
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 22:58 I wonder if Boris Koltsov and Aleksandr Oreshkin will throw any darts this summer
Quite honestly I couldn't give a ................ :wink:

Not about the darts boys but thoughts about Ukraine are a different matter. I pray for them all and other countries in that region.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

Perhaps EUFA should be asking the IOC to take over the running of the game world-wide, it is obviously more in touch with grass roots sentiment, and less likely to accept payments via brown paper bags and medals of honour.

PS Are the discussions always this apathetic on here?