EFL Carabo Cup fiasco

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

EFL Carabo Cup fiasco

Post by bristleposh »

How have Liverpool been given permission to postpone their match for Covid reasons when in an earlier round Leyton Orient had to forfeit their tie. https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... irus-tests Stinks in my opinion, do they ever get anything right.
A warning to JCH whatever you do,
don't tweet about our new keeper
you'll be banned from football for life.
tonyp

Re: EFL Carabo Cup fiasco

Post by tonyp »

According to Sky Sports-
Back in September 2020, Leyton Orient were forced to forfeit their Carabao Cup third-round tie against Tottenham due to 18 of their first-team players and staff testing positive for Covid-19.

An order from the local health authority also meant Orient were unable to play the third-round fixture before the fourth round game, which was scheduled for a week later.

Rule 5.1 of the Carabao Cup competition states a club has to forfeit a match should they not be able to complete it before the next round is scheduled.

However, Liverpool should avoid forfeiting due to the final being scheduled for February 27. Effectively, Arsenal and Liverpool have until that date to play both semi-final legs.
bristleposh

Re: EFL Carabo Cup fiasco

Post by bristleposh »

I wasn’t aware of that rule, but I seem to recall many occasions in the past where FA Cup games have been played n the same day as the next round games.
A warning to JCH whatever you do,
don't tweet about our new keeper
you'll be banned from football for life.