Grant McCann

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Grant McCann

Post by tonyp »

I found this on a Hull City Fans Forum.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14187917 ... bomb-hull/
GRANT McCANN is now fighting hard to try to guide the team out of League One. A win against Posh will be a big help
tonyp

Re: Grant McCann

Post by tonyp »

He's happier than Fergie right now.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Why is he happier than Fergie Tony? If Posh, Lincoln, Sunderland & Doncaster win their games in hand they all overtake Hull?
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 11:32 Why is he happier than Fergie Tony? If Posh, Lincoln, Sunderland & Doncaster win their games in hand they all overtake Hull?
I think it was a simple post by Tony suggesting that Grant would be happier than Darren after the win against us last Tuesday. Why try to read things into posts that others put forward in pure innocence? :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
dunc

Post by dunc »

I think if you ask all managers in this most difficult of seasons, they would invariably prefer to have the points on board than games in hand with injuries piling up!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

ashman wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 12:05
HantsPosh wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 11:32 Why is he happier than Fergie Tony? If Posh, Lincoln, Sunderland & Doncaster win their games in hand they all overtake Hull?
I think it was a simple post by Tony suggesting that Grant would be happier than Darren after the win against us last Tuesday. Why try to read things into posts that others put forward in pure innocence? :roll:
Sorry I thought the purpose of a forum was to discuss things, respond to posts and ask questions, silly me :roll:
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 15:39
ashman wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 12:05
Sorry I thought the purpose of a forum was to discuss things, respond to posts and ask questions, silly me :roll:
It is, but most people know how to inject a little sensibility into their posts as opposed to posting just for the sake of it!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

HantsPosh wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 11:32 Why is he happier than Fergie Tony?
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your question HantsPosh. As ashman said it was simply meaning that McCann would be happier to have been manager of the winner than Fergie would have been to be manager of the loser.
However, I think that McCann is very unpopular with the Hull City fans despite them being top of the league right now. Most of them haven't forgiven him for getting them into League 1.
I'm beginning to think that both he and Fergie are in for a tough time for the remainder of this season and the fans of both clubs will be up in arms if their team doesn't get promoted.
McCann is currently the favourite with the bookies to get the Preston managership. If he gets the chance at the end of this season I reckon he'll take it.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

In the Blackpool v Posh thread-
Gaz_Miller wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 22:57 We should have stuck with McCann. He’s going to have a long managerial career, he loves Posh & he wanted to stay.

If the owner showed as much patience with him as he has done “twice sacked”, then we might have made the progress he says he wants.

MacAnthony’s ‘problem’ with working with any other manager is becoming a major issue now.
It's all very well saying that about McCann with the benefit of hindsight. We all loved McCann as a player but not everybody liked him as a manager.
He is lucky to still be at Hull and it is no certainty that they will get promoted.
I hope he does have a long managerial career and I hope that Fergie does too.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

I'd be surprised if he gets the PNE job, they had a manager who kept them mid table and nowhere near going down but they seem to want someone to get them in the playoffs and promoted. I'm all for giving young managers a chance but wonder how many times you have to fail to stop getting job after job