Plus Ca Change....

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

JohnC

Plus Ca Change....

Post by JohnC »

A few comments from 'Roker Report' after Gillingham's 2-2 draw with the Black Cats last Saturday....

'We still can't cope with antifootball. Steve Evans' Gillingham clearly came to the Stadium of Light with a game plan....unfortunately for Sunderland, it didn't involve them attempting to play the game of association football as it's commonly understood at the professional level....'

'Once again in League One we've failed to overcome a physical team with a likeness(sic) for playing in the air and the darker arts of the game....'

'Am I the only one who finds Steve Evans' ranting on the touch line really aggravating (sic)?....My take on this is that it is foul-mouthed histrionics....His ranting was a constant background to the game, and a bit like his team's football, it should be consigned to history....'
Last edited by JohnC on 02 Feb 2021, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
ashman

Re: Plus Ca Change....

Post by ashman »

JohnC wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 16:49 A few comments from 'Roker Report' after Gillingham's 2-2 draw with the Black Cats last Saturday....

'We still can't cope with antifootball. Steve Evans' Gillingham clearly came to the Stadium of Light with a game plan....unfortunately for Sunderland, it didn't involve them attempting to play the game of association football as it's commonly understood at the professional level....'

'Once again in League One we've failed to overcome a physical team with a likeness for playing in the air and the darker arts of the game....'

'Am I the only one who finds Steve Evans' ranting on the touch line really aggravating (sic)?....My take on this is that it is foul-mouthed histrionics....His ranting was a constant background to the game, and a bit like his team's football, it should be consigned to history....'
Absolutely spot on 'Roker report.' :clap2:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Plus Ca Change....

Post by DaveLister »

ashman wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 17:44
JohnC wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 16:49 A few comments from 'Roker Report' after Gillingham's 2-2 draw with the Black Cats last Saturday....

'Once again in League One we've failed to overcome a physical team with a likeness for playing in the air and the darker arts of the game....'

Absolutely spot on 'Roker report.' :clap2:
Half right, Evans is the embodiment of anti football, a league one Tony Pulis