Cambridge united

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DaveLister
Second Technician

Cambridge united

Post by DaveLister »

Supporters booing the players who took a knee prior to the game against Colchester. Total, complete morons.
Gaz_Miller

Re: Cambridge united

Post by Gaz_Miller »

That is not the club I expected to be associated with such a thing.

Unnacceptable.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

I fully support the cause but it's a bit like the clapping of the NHS. I reckon that people are getting a bit fed up with it. We've all got the message now; how about we limp around the centre circle blindlessly showing our support for the infirm and blind? Maybe we could think of other worthy causes to be acknowledged?

Booing the knee is well out of order though. Just respect it!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 10:29 I fully support the cause but it's a bit like the clapping of the NHS. I reckon that people are getting a bit fed up with it. We've all got the message now; how about we limp around the centre circle blindlessly showing our support for the infirm and blind? Maybe we could think of other worthy causes to be acknowledged?

I agree with most of that, I think the fans should just turn their back on proceedings, the message would still be clear, but without being so offensive. I made comment about Millwall supporters the other day when they did it, On Facebook and Twitter. It brought about a slight change where the players linked arms with each other in front of a racism banner, for the next fixture. I have also complained about it being a highlight of every game shown on match of the day. It’s not a highlight, if anything it’s a lowlight.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

ashman wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 10:29 I fully support the cause but it's a bit like the clapping of the NHS. I reckon that people are getting a bit fed up with it. We've all got the message now; how about we limp around the centre circle blindlessly showing our support for the infirm and blind? Maybe we could think of other worthy causes to be acknowledged?

Spot on. I agree. :stupid:
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

I was of the opinion that it was past it’s sell by date but saw an interview with Harry Kane in Football Focus. He made the point that young children see footballers doing it and ask their parents why. Hopefully (if their parents are not Millwall fans) their parents explain the reasons why and the children become enlightened/educated. For that reason, I think it’s worth the players continuing with the gesture.
Ultimately, it’s up to the players and I heard today that the PFA have asked their members to provide their views.