Past and Present Players

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Past and Present Players

Post by tonyp »

Brentford 1-0 Luton
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55642312
Brentford climbed to third in the Championship as Saman Ghoddos' goal gave them victory over Luton and extended their unbeaten league run to 16 games.
The Iranian headed home Ivan Toney's whipped cross after Luton keeper Simon Sluga had earlier denied Sergi Canos with a magnificent flying save when the forward tried his luck from 25 yards.
the end of the game was marred by two red cards as Hatters defender Tom Lockyer and Toney were sent off in added time following an off-the-ball incident.
tonyp

Re: Past and Present Players

Post by tonyp »

Luton Today
https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/foot ... rd-3107581
says
Luton boss Nathan Jones has confirmed the club will definitely appeal the red card shown to defender Tom Lockyer during this evening’s 1-0 defeat at Brentford.
He is putting all of the blame on Toney.
thediceman

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by thediceman »

Latast rumour is Arsenal are interested in him.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Latest is that his goal scoring spree has temporarily gone into decline and he was sent off last night against Luton!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Hatters defender Tom Lockyer and Toney were sent off in added time following an off-the-ball incident.
Luton boss Nathan Jones has confirmed the club will definitely appeal the red card shown to defender Tom Lockyer during the 1-0 defeat at Brentford.
He is putting all of the blame on Toney.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Ivan Toney: Brentford to report racist abuse of striker on social media to the police
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 00289.html
tonyp

Leo Da Silva Lopes

Post by tonyp »

Leo Da Silva Lopes
Da Silva Lopes joined the Posh academy in 2013 when he was 14 years old.
Lopes signed a senior contact on 10 March 2015
He made his senior debut in a 4–3 victory against Crawley Town on 25 April 2015.
He made 86 appearances for the Posh (scored twice) before moving to Wigan in June 2018.
He has since been with Gillingham and Hull.
At  The Tigers  , the defensive midfielder played a total of 44 times during the 2019-2020 season, scored 2 goals and delivered 4 assists.
With a view to the new season, Da Silva was looking for a new challenge and he found it at Cercle: on September 10, 2020, Leonardo signed a contract for 4 seasons (until June 2024).
At the moment Circle Brugge are bottom of the Belgium First Division A table.
https://www.cerclebrugge.be/media/cache ... 281e44.png
tonyp

George Boyd

Post by tonyp »

According to the Peterborough Telegraph
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... in-3114400
Posh legend George Boyd has been made available for transfer by Salford just three months after signing for them.
bristleposh

Re: George Boyd

Post by bristleposh »

Has he got any coaching badges
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Wow - and to think, only 18 months ago our manager said he would be running our central midfield
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 09:40 Wow - and to think, only 18 months ago our manager said he would be running our central midfield
You really don't miss a chance to have a go at our management or club legends do you?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 12:26
Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 09:40 Wow - and to think, only 18 months ago our manager said he would be running our central midfield
You really don't miss a chance to have a go at our management or club legends do you?
I'm only saying what the manager said. I'm sure Man Utd fans quote their manager, or Spurs fans quote theirs.

What makes ours immune to criticism?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 12:29
ashman wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 12:26
I'm only saying what the manager said. I'm sure Man Utd fans quote their manager, or Spurs fans quote theirs.

What makes ours immune to criticism?
Because it gets boring when it’s all negative, go back to being critical of people who voted for Boris or Brexit once a TeaWat always a TeaWat
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Remember Ivan Toney?
He scored three times today in Brentford's 7-2 thrashing of everybody's favourite club, Wycombe. :clap:
tonyp

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Post by tonyp »

Sun reporter Alan Nixon says that Wayne Rooney and the Rams have irons in the fire with one player in particular.
https://the72.co.uk/218182/reporter-nix ... diff-city/
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.
The bulk of his football experience came with Peterborough (100 games/11 goals/nine assists) and Rochdale (85 games/20 goals/19 assists) before moving from the Dale on a free transfer to Cardiff in 2017.

Before being sacked by the Bluebirds, Mendez-Laing featured in 92 games for the Welsh side, scoring 14 goals and adding 11 assists.

This level of output would seem to suggest that the winger would be a good signing for Wayne Rooney’s Derby County side.