Past and Present Players

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Past and Present Players

Post by tonyp »

Bournemouth 0-1 Brentford
The Championship's 29-goal top scorer Toney had a shot cleared off the line before Begovic's fine fingertip save from Matthias Jensen.
The winner came on 77 minutes when Ivan Toney's shot was only parried by Asmir Begovic and Mbeumo neatly threaded home the rebound past two wrongfooted Cherries defenders.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Remember Ivan Toney?
Brentford 1-0 Rotherham
Ivan Toney went agonisingly close to a 30th goal of the campaign, thumping the foot of the post after going through on goal at the end of the first half.

Toney also had a second-half header saved by Blackman.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Remember Marcus Maddison?
Bolton News https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... g-venture/
Ex-Peterborough star Marcus Maddison launches gaming venture.
"People have said to do what makes you happy and gaming has always been a huge passion of mine,” he wrote. “It is something I have looked into previously and now I am really gunna (sic) go for it."
ashman

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 22:54 Remember Marcus Maddison?
Bolton News https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... g-venture/
Ex-Peterborough star Marcus Maddison launches gaming venture.
"People have said to do what makes you happy and gaming has always been a huge passion of mine,” he wrote. “It is something I have looked into previously and now I am really gunna (sic) go for it."
Such a waste of a top talent. Complicated little individual! Good luck Marcus in whatever you do.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

Agreed. There's clearly been a lot going on in his head that we don't know about. Thanks for lending us your talent and all the best Marcus. Fingers crossed you find happiness.
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Ivan Toney - unless I’ve missed it elsewhere, I haven’t seen him congratulate PBU on their promotion. Given that we kickstarted his career, I wondered if fans were bothered, or too happy in the haze of the drunken hour still? Would have been nice to just get a nod of thanks I feel.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Joe Newell has a Scottish Cup Final to look forward to with Hibs.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 08 May 2021, 22:58 Ivan Toney - unless I’ve missed it elsewhere, I haven’t seen him congratulate PBU on their promotion. Given that we kickstarted his career, I wondered if fans were bothered, or too happy in the haze of the drunken hour still? Would have been nice to just get a nod of thanks I feel.
Exactly how I feel! Come on Ivan! :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 08 May 2021, 22:58 Ivan Toney - unless I’ve missed it elsewhere, I haven’t seen him congratulate PBU on their promotion. Given that we kickstarted his career, I wondered if fans were bothered, or too happy in the haze of the drunken hour still? Would have been nice to just get a nod of thanks I feel.
That's a very good point.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru