CHELTENHAM TOWN v POSH Saturday 30th July ko 3.00pm

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

CHELTENHAM TOWN v POSH Saturday 30th July ko 3.00pm

Post by ashman »

Cheltenham Town v Peterborough United Saturday 30th. July (15:00)

REFEREE: TOM NIELD

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Marvyn Amphlett and Dean Treleaven

Fourth Official: Steve Durnall
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Re: CHELTENHAM TOWN v POSH Saturday 30th July ko 3.00pm

Post by bristleposh »

I always find that on match day I get so excited I wake up early, but took it to new levels by waking up at 2.30 a day early, c’est la vie
We were much improved under McCann
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Looking forward to this one, was expecting Szmodics to start but I think that is now unlikely if he is in transfer talks with Blackburn. COYP.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I know it’s a cliche,but a game of two halves that certainly was, in the first half Posh looked absolutely Ess Aitch one Tee. Cheltenham, if anything looked the better side and could certainly have been further ahead. Randall and Junes were next to useless, and Fuchs was protected after picking up a booking at the end of the first half. The subs made an immediate difference with Ward setting up Marriott for the first JCH chipped in with two, a couple of excellent saves from Steven Merchant helped keep the lead, despite only being on for the second half Thompson was probably our man of the match.
We were much improved under McCann
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Great win and hopefully this will set us up for the season. First half was like the worst of last season coming back to haunt us, but well done Grant, 3 half time substitutions that changed the game.
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 19:56 I know it’s a cliche,but a game of two halves that certainly was, in the first half Posh looked absolutely Ess Aitch one Tee. Cheltenham, if anything looked the better side and could certainly have been further ahead. Randall and Junes were next to useless, and Fuchs was protected after picking up a booking at the end of the first half. The subs made an immediate difference with Ward setting up Marriott for the first JCH chipped in with two, a couple of excellent saves from Steven Merchant helped keep the lead, despite only being on for the second half Thompson was probably our man of the match.
It was Bergstrom in goal! 😆
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 19:56 I know it’s a cliche,but a game of two halves that certainly was, in the first half Posh looked absolutely Ess Aitch one Tee. Cheltenham, if anything looked the better side and could certainly have been further ahead. Randall and Junes were next to useless, and Fuchs was protected after picking up a booking at the end of the first half. The subs made an immediate difference with Ward setting up Marriott for the first JCH chipped in with two, a couple of excellent saves from Steven Merchant helped keep the lead, despite only being on for the second half Thompson was probably our man of the match.

My player (can't say man these days) of the match was Ward, instant impact when he came on.
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 09:21

My player (can't say man these days) of the match was Ward, instant impact when he came on.
My player of the match would be Ben Thompson. Good understanding with Taylor, and tightened up the midfield. Many others could be named too!
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

.......and Marriots goal changed the game totally. :)
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.