JC-H Appointed Captain for the new season

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

JC-H Appointed Captain for the new season

Post by HantsPosh »

https://www.theposh.com/news/mccann-con ... w-campaign

Better than want-away rat Norburn I suppose but did JC-H set such a great example this time last year coming back overweight and then totally disinterested for the first 6 months of the season, my own opinion is 100% NOT. Personally I'd have gone for Jack Taylor or more likely Frankie but hey ho.

I fully expect to be lambasted criticised and told I'm disrespectful for daring to disagree with anything McCann does
OBM

Re: JC-H Appointed Captain for the new season

Post by OBM »

Saw that kind of personality promoted at work many times over the years in the hope that it motivated them to greater things, it seldom worked and often pissed others off. Perhaps a sales ploy?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Taylor and Kent aren't likely to be first choices this season
We were much improved under McCann
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 11:10 Taylor and Kent aren't likely to be first choices this season
Really Bristle?
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

OBM wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 10:08 Saw that kind of personality promoted at work many times over the years in the hope that it motivated them to greater things, it seldom worked and often pissed others off. Perhaps a sales ploy?
I hope so but who would buy him as he's demonstrated that he isn't good enough for the Championship unfortunately, I don't know why but I've never warmed to him at all unlike, Marriott, Gayle, Assombalonga, CM-S, McLean etc
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 13:36
bristleposh wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 11:10 Taylor and Kent aren't likely to be first choices this season
Really Bristle?
Just my opinion but if Edwards stays and McCann plays with a flat-back four, no room for Frankie.
Taylor will face stiff competition for places in midfield this season from Kyprianou, Poku, Thompson, Ajiboye, and Randall.
We were much improved under McCann
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 13:54
HantsPosh wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 13:36
Really Bristle?
Just my opinion but if Edwards stays and McCann plays with a flat-back four, no room for Frankie.
Taylor will face stiff competition for places in midfield this season from Kyprianou, Poku, Thompson, Ajiboye, and Randall.
If Taylor loses out to any of that bunch then then I suspect he'd be on his way out.

Hopefully Frankie does play as I know I'm in the minority here but Edwards is just average but hyped to the max by the chairman in order to con someone rich club into signing him for mega bucks (hopefully it succeeds). Assuming the Hype Train doesn't get Edwards sold, what would your starting back 4 be if everyone is fit & available?
OBM

Post by OBM »

If we still have Edwards then N Thompson Edwards Knight Tomlinson

If not then I think Kent will get the nod over Kyprianou, just. I tend to agree that Taylor cannot take his place for granted.
OBM

Post by OBM »

HantsPosh wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 13:39
OBM wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 10:08 Saw that kind of personality promoted at work many times over the years in the hope that it motivated them to greater things, it seldom worked and often pissed others off. Perhaps a sales ploy?
I hope so but who would buy him as he's demonstrated that he isn't good enough for the Championship unfortunately, I don't know why but I've never warmed to him at all unlike, Marriott, Gayle, Assombalonga, CM-S, McLean etc
Perhaps he should smile more :D