Who we keeping, who we ain’t.

Post by bristleposh »

https://www.theposh.com/news/posh-confirm-retained-list

Blackmore the only keeper we’re keeping
We were much improved under McCann
ashman

Re: Who we keeping, who we ain’t.

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 09 May 2022, 16:19 https://www.theposh.com/news/posh-confirm-retained-list

Blackmore is a good prospect and I guess that we need two new keepers (not easy to sort out.) Maybe we should have kept Cornell as second keeper because he hasn't really let us down since being in the team. The only other I would have a quibble with is Jorge Grant. Fergie obviously didn't get on with him, but he could be a quality player in League One (again!) and has shown it since McCann has been here.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 09 May 2022, 16:19 https://www.theposh.com/news/posh-confirm-retained-list

Christy Pym is 'available for transfer' not 'released'
What happens if nobody wants him?
We are much improved under McCann
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I’d be guessing, but either we’d pay off his contact and release him, or my hope we’d forgive and forget, putting him on a final warning as to his future behaviour.
We were much improved under McCann
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 11 May 2022, 09:53 I’d be guessing, but either we’d pay off his contact and release him, or my hope we’d forgive and forget, putting him on a final warning as to his future behaviour.
Forgive and forget - but make him realise that he would only be thought of as the second or third keeper at the club. Hopefully Benda will be back, according to some 'in the know' individuals!
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Obviously, not an up to date thread, so we should all know Benda ain’t coming back, as of now. I am disappointed we let Dave go; he was decent enough in a crap team.
It’s a great question because we have players like Jack Taylor, great in L1, found out in Champ.
In answer to the Q: we prob have the squad to get promoted again. I believe so, if JCH doesn’t get crocked mincing around with Jamaica. Let go: no one else
ashman

Post by ashman »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 29 May 2022, 02:06 Obviously, not an up to date thread, so we should all know Benda ain’t coming back, as of now. I am disappointed we let Dave go; he was decent enough in a crap team.
It’s a great question because we have players like Jack Taylor, great in L1, found out in Champ.
In answer to the Q: we prob have the squad to get promoted again. I believe so, if JCH doesn’t get crocked mincing around with Jamaica. Let go: no one else
You are quite correct about Benda and he certainly wasn't streets ahead of Cornell, who in my opinion served us well. As you say, a shame he probably won't be coming back.
ashman

Post by ashman »

charlesalexwillaim wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 10:55 Hi everyone
Welcome!