In defence of Arris

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Sheriff Fatman

In defence of Arris

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

JCH played through the last 4 months of our previous season to help us get promoted; including, scoring the decisive pen. The grade 3 tear prevented him from completely letting the expected pre-season trg, where he could have worked better at getting to his fighting weight. I’m disappointed that no one in management has mentioned that, whilst they are happy to criticise the fitness level of the squad, coming into the championship, way after the event. Had JCH not played on, and scored the ‘sammy’ pen, we would not have had this year of excitement in the Championship. My player of the season, who is yours?
ashman

Re: In defence of Arris

Post by ashman »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 01 May 2022, 00:03 JCH played through the last 4 months of our previous season to help us get promoted; including, scoring the decisive pen. The grade 3 tear prevented him from completely letting the expected pre-season trg, where he could have worked better at getting to his fighting weight. I’m disappointed that no one in management has mentioned that, whilst they are happy to criticise the fitness level of the squad, coming into the championship, way after the event. Had JCH not played on, and scored the ‘sammy’ pen, we would not have had this year of excitement in the Championship. My player of the season, who is yours?
Good points made, but that in itself does not encourage me to consider him for player of the season. Without doubt, for me, that would belong to young Ronnie Edwards - he has played 33 games this season in a team that have struggled everytime we have taken to the pitch. He was only 19 at the start of the campaign and to show a level of consistency and improvement at Championship level has been outstanding. Players like this don't come around at Posh very often and no doubt he will get his deserved move during the close season. He is a tremendous prospect and honoring him with player of the season is the least we can do.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I have to agree about Edwards being our player of the season, most improvement in the latter stages of the season goes to Josh Knight jointly with JCH, and the best signing of the season was most definitely Jeando Fuchs
We were much improved under McCann
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

bristleposh wrote: 01 May 2022, 09:57 I have to agree about Edwards being our player of the season, most improvement in the latter stages of the season goes to Josh Knight jointly with JCH, and the best signing of the season was most definitely Jeando Fuchs
Spot on and I reckon Fuchs is going to be very important for us next season.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Steamy Nin wrote: 01 May 2022, 11:56
bristleposh wrote: 01 May 2022, 09:57 I have to agree about Edwards being our player of the season, most improvement in the latter stages of the season goes to Josh Knight jointly with JCH, and the best signing of the season was most definitely Jeando Fuchs
Spot on and I reckon Fuchs is going to be very important for us next season.
:stupid:
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Thank you for your thoughts chaps. I can’t argue with your support for Edwards. Can’t work out if I want him here next season or not. Prob best to cash in on him now, as a championship player. We have Thommo, Kent and Knight (who we didn’t have in our last L1 promotion season) who can all play center half, but I think we’d need another as Beevus seems to be Time up.
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Now he’s an international, we should expect 40+ in L1 next season 👍🤞
ashman

Post by ashman »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 29 May 2022, 02:11 Now he’s an international, we should expect 40+ in L1 next season 👍🤞
:D