Peterborough United v Nottingham Forest (15:00) Saturday 23rd April

REFEREE: MICHAEL SALISBURY

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Stuart Burt and Richard Wild

Fourth Official: Paul Howard
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Re: POSH v NOTTINGHAM FOREST

Post by tonyp »

Must win. Forest wont mind losing. They'll still make the play offs.
Our lucky day. Reading will lose.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I wish I felt the same, Forest were far too good for West Brom, Reading have a far easier run-in than us, I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it happening, I think we'll be put out of our misery by five o'clock on Saturday
We were much improved under McCann
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 20 Apr 2022, 07:59 I wish I felt the same, Forest were far too good for West Brom, Reading have a far easier run-in than us, I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it happening, I think we'll be put out of our misery by five o'clock on Saturday
Que Será, Será.

Just possibly we might be singing happily on Saturday at five o'clock.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Forest are in with a very good chance of going straight up as they still have Bournemouth to play, so they will be bang up for this one. We will need to be switched on right from the very start, if we play the first 10 minutes like we did against Barnsley we will be out of our misery well before 5pm on Saturday.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 20 Apr 2022, 07:59 I doubt if anyone can keep us up,
but if anyone can McCann
might not be able to
Then again he might be able to.
Barnsley are out, Derby are out. It's just between Reading and Posh.
Everybody knows that Forest are favourites to win this game and Reading are favourites to avoid relegation.
But you never know.
:comeon: :clap:
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

tonyp wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 23:00
but if anyone can McCann
might not be able to
Everybody knows that Forest are favourites to win this game and Reading are favourites to avoid relegation.
But you never know.
We have every chance of winning this game, but we must be up for it right from the start. :comeon:
ashman

Post by ashman »

Steamy Nin wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 23:39
tonyp wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 23:00
but if anyone can McCann
might not be able to
But you never know.
We have every chance of winning this game, but we must be up for it right from the start. :comeon:
It is just this sort of 'end of season' fixture that throws up unpredictable results. I hope that this is born out by a surprise for the hoards of Forest fans. I wonder if they have all had an eye test before setting off? :wink: :D :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 05:54
It is just this sort of 'end of season' fixture that throws up unpredictable results. I hope that this is born out by a surprise for the hoards of Forest fans. I wonder if they have all had an eye test before setting off? :wink: :D :comeon:
A reference to St George's Day?
poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper »

bristleposh wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 07:57
ashman wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 05:54
A reference to St George's Day?
A reference to Boydy, shirley.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Well, I did say a few months back that at least this season there wouldn't be any tears on the last day because we'd already know our fate. Now that the fat lady has cleared her throat so thoroughly and sang a few choice lines. I shall throw this little nugget into the fray. We did very well this season, and almost achieved what most people said they'd accept, i.e. fourth from bottom, as we were only one position away from people's hopes, I'd imagine they must be very happy. #Not.
A game we coulda shoulda won, where chances went begging and the usual mistakes at the top end of the field cost us dearly at the back end. Edwards in possibly one of his last ever appearances in a Posh shirt was outstanding. There were a few others whose contribution was spot on, sadly for 50% of the time on the field the other two young academy graduates were not up to speed. Such a shame, One is not a full back and can't be blamed for his errors, and the other plays somewhat like an ostrich with bags of pace, but sadly with his head buried in the sand. If only he looked up occasionally he could have created so much more. Onwards and Upwards.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 09:03 A game we coulda shoulda won,
There were at least a few of them. The point is, unfortunately, we are relegated.
Bring on a new season.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

bristleposh wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 09:03 Well, I did say a few months back that at least this season there wouldn't be any tears on the last day because we'd already know our fate. Now that the fat lady has cleared her throat so thoroughly and sang a few choice lines. I shall throw this little nugget into the fray. We did very well this season, and almost achieved what most people said they'd accept, i.e. fourth from bottom, as we were only one position away from people's hopes, I'd imagine they must be very happy. #Not.
A game we coulda shoulda won, where chances went begging and the usual mistakes at the top end of the field cost us dearly at the back end. Edwards in possibly one of his last ever appearances in a Posh shirt was outstanding. There were a few others whose contribution was spot on, sadly for 50% of the time on the field the other two young academy graduates were not up to speed. Such a shame, One is not a full back and can't be blamed for his errors, and the other plays somewhat like an ostrich with bags of pace, but sadly with his head buried in the sand. If only he looked up occasionally he could have created so much more. Onwards and Upwards.
You are right, it doesn't hurt anywhere near is much as that awful day 10 years ago and although there was some optimism going into yesterday's match I think the writing was pretty much on the wall after the Cardiff match. Still I think there are good reasons for optimism next season and we have the basis of a good squad for next year, which will be even better if we can keep hold of Edwards.