Bristol City v Peterborough United (15:00) Saturday 9th April

REFEREE: JOHN BROOKS

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Derek Eaton and Lee Venamore

Fourth Official: James Linington
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Re: BRISTOL CITY v POSH

Post by tonyp »

I'm hoping that bristle will be watching this game live. And watching us ruin his predictions even more.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Are there any good pubs between Temple Meads and Ashton Gate ?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Steamy Nin wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 09:34 Are there any good pubs between Temple Meads and Ashton Gate ?
Yes, but most are for home supporters only. I’m meeting people at The Knights’ Templar. There is lots of advice here https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues ... -city.html
We were much improved under McCann
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

bristleposh wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 10:13
Steamy Nin wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 09:34 Are there any good pubs between Temple Meads and Ashton Gate ?
Yes, but most are for home supporters only. I’m meeting people at The Knights’ Templar. There is lots of advice here https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues ... -city.html
Thanks
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Steamy Nin wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 10:31
Thanks
Recommended pubs are all around the centre of the city, Ye Olde Shakespeare, The Cornubia, The Old Duke, The Commercial Rooms (Spoons), The Famous Naval Volunteer, The Llandoger Trow, The Shakespeare, Lloyds No 1 bar (Spoons), if you choose any of these you can catch a bus from Prince Street to Ashton Gate every 20 minutes bus service M2
Others you might consider further along that route are The Cottage and The Orchard bothe near the SS Great Britain
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

I went today, along with about 400 other Posh fans. For those who spout about Posh being a big club, 🙄 keep dreaming. Big club in Cambs, yes!
it was a great day out, easy to get to stadium, Posh played well again and deserved to win and a great trip home which meant I was parked in Maharinis curry house in Hampton at 7:25.
We’re going down, not on this recent form but the previous 30 odd games (we did ok at the start too) and I am optimistic Terry (Grant) McCann has the players to bring us straight back up. If not, after Fergie takes the Donny job in the summer, he can come back for another go 😂
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 00:59 I went today, along with about 400 other Posh fans. For those who spout about Posh being a big club, 🙄 keep dreaming. Big club in Cambs, yes!
it was a great day out, easy to get to stadium, Posh played well again and deserved to win and a great trip home which meant I was parked in Maharinis curry house in Hampton at 7:25.
We’re going down, not on this recent form but the previous 30 odd games (we did ok at the start too) and I am optimistic Terry (Grant) McCann has the players to bring us straight back up. If not, after Fergie takes the Donny job in the summer, he can come back for another go 😂
I thought Posh look comfortable against a mediocre Brizzul side and agree there was signs for optimism next season. I thought Josh Knight looked really solid alongside Edwards. Once again we didn't get the luck after a strike against the inside of the post.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Just so plain unlucky, we were the better side for much of the game. Brian’s best mate CJH had one of his better games. I made the mistake of going with a wonderful crowd, who I’m sure most of you will know as the group attend every game, home and away and seem to spend two nights in hotels at every venue. In my younger days I would have been able to live with them alcohol wise, but certainly not financially. As a result of this, I was unable to concentrate on the football, and sad to say I wished I’d watched it in the back bedroom on my computer. Yes, the atmosphere is great at games, but when a seventy-odd year old has consumed enough alcohol to sink a floundering manatee, I fear the old eyes are not so reliable. Suffice to say I was more than happy to come away with my first witnessed pint of the season. At Millwall I shall stick to sniffing the barmaid’s apron.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

bristleposh wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 10:35
Steamy Nin wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 10:31

Thanks
Recommended pubs are all around the centre of the city, Ye Olde Shakespeare, The Cornubia, The Old Duke, The Commercial Rooms (Spoons), The Famous Naval Volunteer, The Llandoger Trow, The Shakespeare, Lloyds No 1 bar (Spoons), if you choose any of these you can catch a bus from Prince Street to Ashton Gate every 20 minutes bus service M2
Others you might consider further along that route are The Cottage and The Orchard bothe near the SS Great Britain
Thanks for the suggestions but went to the Bristol Beer Factory, which is about 5 mins from the ground. Great beers, friendly locals and in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.