Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Steamy Nin

Re: BOURNEMOUTH v POSH

Post by Steamy Nin »

bristleposh wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 23:43
ashman wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 23:41
bristleposh wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 23:35

I hadn’t spotted that, we didn’t use any, and only had one on the bench, all the players you mention did well, as did Marriott scoring, and Norburn, nice to see Jack back and Joe getting five minutes and possibly one touch. Send them all back, get Pym back and play our own layers is the right choice.
Pym, Kanu, Tomlinson and Ryan Broom all out on loan. Can this, plus tonight's players, be good enough for an assault on League One?
Absobloominlutely
We will need a couple of new faces to freshen things up, but also need to keep hold of Ronnie Edwards.
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

HantsPosh wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 10:03
Not sure it is fair to blame the loanee's for the previous sh*t, generally it was going long before they arrived. Equally it is too early to start bigging up our chances next season using those currently out on loan. Whose to say that Pym or Broom have any wish to return?

[/quote]

They're contracted to Posh and have no choice to return.

Even JC-H put a shift in last night and looked a lot better than he has for a while, Norburn was his usual anonymous self. Fuchs works really hard and breaks up play a lot and thought Ward was probably Man on of the Match for us (or player of the match as we have to say now!!). Marriott finished well and hopefully he can stay fit and scoring for the rest of the season. Nice to see Jack Taylor back & also see the other J Taylor get some minutes at the end.

I do like Bournemouth's ground, it's small enough to feel like you're right up close to the action and has a good atmosphere despite the small capacity. The fact that it's an hour from stadium seat to front door helps as well
[/quote]

They're contracted to Posh and have no choice (but) to return.

Not so sure about that, Plymouth certainly have a clause that permits them to match any other offer, whilst I guess you have not seen the Pym loan agreement any more than I have - but given the way he departed I imagine Stevenage will have an opportunity.

Anyway, mentioning the Bournemuff ground, I recall going there for Charlie George's debut. I think it was a season or two later that they spun the pitch 90 degrees and rebuilt the stadium around it. I sense posh could have done this quite effectively with London Rd if it had been owned by the club.
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

Steamy Nin wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 11:50
bristleposh wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 23:43
ashman wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 23:41
Pym, Kanu, Tomlinson and Ryan Broom all out on loan. Can this, plus tonight's players, be good enough for an assault on League One?
Absobloominlutely
We will need a couple of new faces to freshen things up, but also need to keep hold of Ronnie Edwards.
We need a re-build with 50% of the current squad shifted on, that is if we are really looking towards a return to the Championship anytime soon.

I agree Edwards is the cream of the current crop, but that probably just confirms that DMac will be cashing in during the summer as the "2022 asset sale"