HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v POSH

Post by ashman »

RutlandOne wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 22:29 A hopeless performance.

Cannot blame McCann as this is still all about the p*ss poor transfer business by DMac last summer.

Mind you, given that it will make no difference to the outcome this season, DMac could have saved some money (on the most expensive management team in the clubs history) and appointed the club chaplain as caretaker manager for a few months.
Darragh McAnthony has been the best thing to have ever happened to Peterborough United. Most people do not remember the dark days of Division 3 and 4 in the '70s, '80s and '90s. People still do not understand that he and the Canadians just do not have the wherewithal to sustain our club in the Championship. That is not their fault in any way and we should revel in the times that we have been on a crest of a wave, playing good football and succeeding at League One level. Yes, we may get promoted from there every few years but the jump up into the next level is just too much for them and our club. Unless a super-rich investor comes knocking that is never going to change. The blame on recruitment, managerial mistakes etc. is quite honestly ridiculous. We, as a club, are simply not up to the job and that is nobody's fault.
I would be horrified if Darragh and the Canadians left!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:03

Most expensive management team in our history to end up with McCann!! A man who took Hull from the edge of the playoffs to bottom of the league in the same season. A man no one else wanted. A man we didn’t have to outbid anyone for. A man who was out of work.
Gosh, a whole paragraph from you and not slating Norburn once. I think you may be beginning to like him.
We were much improved under McCann
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 09:14
HantsPosh wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:03

Most expensive management team in our history to end up with McCann!! A man who took Hull from the edge of the playoffs to bottom of the league in the same season. A man no one else wanted. A man we didn’t have to outbid anyone for. A man who was out of work.
Gosh, a whole paragraph from you and not slating Norburn once. I think you may be beginning to like him.
Is he even still here? Sure I saw him boarding the last train to Blackpool on Friday!

I'm trying to catch up with the amount of times you slated Magic Marcus and Mark Little :wink:
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

ashman wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 05:10

Cannot blame McCann as this is still all about the p*ss poor transfer business by DMac last summer.

Mind you, given that it will make no difference to the outcome this season, DMac could have saved some money (on the most expensive management team in the clubs history) and appointed the club chaplain as caretaker manager for a few months.
Darragh McAnthony has been the best thing to have ever happened to Peterborough United. Most people do not remember the dark days of Division 3 and 4 in the '70s, '80s and '90s. People still do not understand that he and the Canadians just do not have the wherewithal to sustain our club in the Championship. That is not their fault in any way and we should revel in the times that we have been on a crest of a wave, playing good football and succeeding at League One level. Yes, we may get promoted from there every few years but the jump up into the next level is just too much for them and our club. Unless a super-rich investor comes knocking that is never going to change. The blame on recruitment, managerial mistakes etc. is quite honestly ridiculous. We, as a club, are simply not up to the job and that is nobody's fault.

I agree with you Ashman, but it would be good to have a plan from the owners, of how we can establish ourselves as a Championship club and better the likes of Preston, Blackpool, Blackburn, Swansea, Huddersfield and other places that are smaller than Peterborough. A new stadium is a must, to up the profile and to bring in a new generation of fans in the way that Brighton and Reading have done.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Brighton and reading both have out of town grounds, easily accessible but the Peterborough fans didn’t want that.
We were much improved under McCann
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

ashman wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 05:10

A bit too gushing.

I remember the bad days of the 1980's, and the good ones of the 70's & 90's.

DMac has been good for the club, not disputing this, and throughout his time he has crowed and sought praise for his wheeling and dealing on CMS, Gale, Brit, Ivan etc. If he gets the garlands for these then he deserves the brickbats for those that have been lemons.... and last summer we stacked up with citrus fruit! He takes the blame for this, sorry.

Everything runs its course, and this includes the DMac regime. If that time is now then so be it, and of course he has already tried to off-load the club at least once.
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

bristleposh wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 15:46 Brighton and reading both have out of town grounds, easily accessible but the Peterborough fans didn’t want that.
I assume you refer to entry being easy, rather than the bloody awful fight to exit the parking after the game.

But yes, the truth is I would not want an out of town ground, I am one who is all for staying at London Road, and am far from enthusiastic about the ownership of the ground being transferred to a Canadian fund..
ashman

Post by ashman »

RutlandOne wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 17:34 A bit too gushing.
My 'gushing' makes up for all the 'dribble' that comes from certain people's keyboards! :wink: :comeon: :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'