POSH v HULL CITY

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

POSH v HULL CITY

Post by ashman »

Peterborough United v Hull City Saturday 26th. February (15:00)

REFEREE: TONY HARRINGTON

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Darren Cann and Craig Taylor

Fourth Official: Rebecca Welch
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
ashman

Re: POSH v HULL CITY

Post by ashman »

Just another game for Grant! :wink:
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 08:26 Just another game for Grant! :wink:
True. But one he'll be on the winning side.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

After the false dawn at Fulham, once again we have been proven wanting. I thought the new manager syndrome would get us over the line if nothing else, but just that small tweak in the system of going with three at the front instead of a lone striker had us swimming against the tide. Now we are at the bottom of the table, all hope appears to be gone. It was a very sad day in a very sad season. At least we'll have some decent enough starters for a crack at getting towards the top of league one next season.
We were much improved under McCann
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 09:28 After the false dawn at Fulham, once again we have been proven wanting. I thought the new manager syndrome would get us over the line if nothing else, but just that small tweak in the system of going with three at the front instead of a lone striker had us swimming against the tide. Now we are at the bottom of the table, all hope appears to be gone. It was a very sad day in a very sad season. At least we'll have some decent enough starters for a crack at getting towards the top of league one next season.
I'm afraid the only players I would keep out of this motley crew would be.
Thompson
Kent
Burrows
Poku
Would like to say Edwards and Benda, but both will be gone either sold or returned to their parent club.
The rest get rid
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 10:14
bristleposh wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 09:28 After the false dawn at Fulham, once again we have been proven wanting. I thought the new manager syndrome would get us over the line if nothing else, but just that small tweak in the system of going with three at the front instead of a lone striker had us swimming against the tide. Now we are at the bottom of the table, all hope appears to be gone. It was a very sad day in a very sad season. At least we'll have some decent enough starters for a crack at getting towards the top of league one next season.
Thompson
Kent
Burrows
Poku
Would like to say Edwards and Benda, but both will be gone either sold or returned to their parent club.
The rest get rid
After yesterday's performance, I'm not sure if Burrows should be on the keeper's list. I think Jones may be worth sticking with. In League One, it is hard to see that Grant, Norburn, Ward, JCH, Knight, Szmodics, would not be able to hold their own. As for Benda, there is more chance of me climbing in bed with Penelope Cruz than him staying in a League One side.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 12:26
pleasureboy60 wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 10:14
Thompson
Kent
Burrows
Poku
The rest get rid
After yesterday's performance, I'm not sure if Burrows should be on the keeper's list. I think Jones may be worth sticking with. In League One, it is hard to see that Grant, Norburn, Ward, JCH, Knight, Szmodics, would not be able to hold their own. As for Benda, there is more chance of me climbing in bed with Penelope Cruz than him staying in a League One side.
I'm sure Penelope Cruz could do a better job in our back four right now, even wearing stillettos.
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

I would agree with most of this, but do we really need a group of DMac - Fergie recruits who can 'hold their own in League 1', but not perform at a higher level?

Keeping these would help confirm my suspicion that DMac is keener on being in L1 with parachute payments, rather than funding a Championship existence.

With Fergie gone and relegation pretty much assured the club needed a complete overhaul - I would sooner that was under the watch of someone new, but if it is Grant then so be it. Let's stop using the first team as DMac's market stall, and get some fresh faces from 1 - 11 in over the summer.

I would be happy if Benda was one of these, but there are plenty of modestly prices keepers about! Penny is not quite what she was, so one never knows ;-)
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 12:26 After yesterday's performance, I'm not sure if Burrows should be on the keeper's list.
He could probably do a better job in goal as opposed to how he played against Hull! :)
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

[/quote]
[/quote]

If the 'climbing' is the problem Bristle then can I suggest you get a futon as you'll just need to roll & no climbing involved :wink:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 15:34
[/quote]

If the 'climbing' is the problem Bristle then can I suggest you get a futon as you'll just need to roll & no climbing involved :wink:
[/quote]

I know I’m unfit but trust me if she were there I’d have no problem, I’ve loved since the first time I saw Jamon Jamon.