Grant McCann

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Grant McCann

Post by bristleposh »

Is it done and dusted then

https://mobile.twitter.com/HumbersideSp ... gr%5Etweet

BREAKING: Former @HullCity head coach Grant McCann has been confirmed as the new manager of struggling Championship club @theposh

He returns for a second spell in charge at London Road
We were much improved under McCann
ashman

Re: Grant McCann

Post by ashman »

Inevitable. DMac said he would return!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

We really are a yo-yo club.
Come November Grant will be out on his ear and the 4th coming of Fergie will be the headline news.

DMac is simply lacking in imagination as he gets on in years, probably the underlying reason for not doing meaningful business in the last window.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

According to the Peterborough Telegraph
Peterborough United have re-appointed Grant McCann as first-team manager
Peterborough United are expected to unveil Grant McCann as first-team manager tomorrow (February 27).
I don't know where they get February 27 from.
ashman

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 21:47 According to the Peterborough Telegraph
Peterborough United have re-appointed Grant McCann as first-team manager
Peterborough United are expected to unveil Grant McCann as first-team manager tomorrow (February 27).
I don't know where they get February 27 from.
That's the PT for you! :shock:
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Please tell me this isn't true!!! A man who took Hull from 8th at Christmas to bottom by the summer by taking 6 pts from 60 & also managed to lose at home to Posh this season. he was hardly a success the first time round was he with several heavy defeats and insipid performances
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

https://www.theposh.com/news/posh-appoi ... ew-manager NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Just what we need a man with a track record of keeping teams in the Championship, oh no wait......................................
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

Seems there are only 2 league managers able to work with the current ownership.

Fear not, DMac will be picking the side for Saturday once again, which may be a step up from the lottery approach taken so far this season
ashman

Post by ashman »

The negativity on here is amazing! I just wish we could all support the club in a positive manner!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

ashman wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 15:04 The negativity on here is amazing! I just wish we could all support the club in a positive manner!
Does support mean agreeing with whatever the club do regardless? Opinions are what it's all about Ashman. There were several discussions at Fulham last night about the merits or otherwise of JC-H & Jack Marriott. As long as it's not abusive debate & opinion is a good thing & my opinion is we've gone for the wrong option and for a manager who has been very poor in the main at Championship level but bizarrely has won 2 out of 2 at Fulham during that time!!
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

ashman wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 15:04 The negativity on here is amazing! I just wish we could all support the club in a positive manner!
Pre-season I was expressing the view that the squad was not up to the task, and that the transfer activity was not thought out. I was accused sthen several times for being negative, when in truth I was being a realist... as has since been proved.

Assess the situation, and form a fair and reasoned view. This does not being negative!
Prey tell, who else would have worked with the current ownership?
ashman

Post by ashman »

RutlandOne wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 17:13
Pre-season I was expressing the view that the squad was not up to the task, and that the transfer activity was not thought out. I was accused sthen several times for being negative, when in truth I was being a realist... as has since been proved.

Assess the situation, and form a fair and reasoned view. This does not being negative!
Prey tell, who else would have worked with the current ownership?
So, ok, I assume that you are walking away from the club as you can't seem to agree with the current ownership. That's fine; it's your prerogative!
Mig25

Post by Mig25 »

Bizarre answer if I may say so.

If supporters are to be criticized for expressing an opinion on a "football forum", then it's days are, imo, sadly numbered.
You may be an ardent fan of DF, as is plain to see, however the fact that you are a moderator does not mean that every other poster has to agree with you......imo.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Mig25 wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 18:38 Bizarre answer if I may say so.

If supporters are to be criticized for expressing an opinion on a "football forum", then it's days are, imo, sadly numbered.
You may be an ardent fan of DF, as is plain to see, however the fact that you are a moderator does not mean that every other poster has to agree with you......imo.
Indeed, but wouldn't it be good if we all just got a bit more positive on here. :comeon:
ashman

Post by ashman »

Mig25 wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 18:38 Bizarre answer if I may say so.

I am not an ardent fan of Ferguson/McCann/ or any other manager we may have had per se; I am an ardent fan of the club and I am not saying that I am in agreement or disagreement with you; Grant McCann has been in situ for less than 24 hours and already the criticisms have started. All I'm saying is that at times when things aren't going too well on and off the pitch, then the owners, the manager, the coaches, the players and even more importantly, the fans, need to stick together to try to lift the negative feelings that seem to be around atm. IMO finding fault with the club at every chance is totally counter productive. Hopefully that is not the way that you yourself would treat your kith and kin whenever they make a mistake or seem to be down for whatever reason? I would hope that you would try your hardest to lift them up and not make them feel any worse!