CARDIFF v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

CARDIFF v POSH

Post by ashman »

Cardiff City v Peterborough United Wednesday February 9th. (K.O. 19:45)

REFEREE: KEVIN FRIEND

ASSISTANT REFEREES
: Simon Beck and Matthew Wilkes

Fourth Official
: Robert Lewis
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Steamy Nin

Re: CARDIFF v POSH

Post by Steamy Nin »

Martin Keown on commentary during Liverpool Vs Cardiff match yesterday - "After this they've got the big one against Peterborough on Wednesday night".
ashman

Post by ashman »

Steamy Nin wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 18:00 Martin Keown on commentary during Liverpool Vs Cardiff match yesterday - "After this they've got the big one against Peterborough on Wednesday night".
Love it! :clap2:
ashman

Post by ashman »

The game can be watched live via 'Posh+' for only £10. :comeon: :clap2:
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Or on SKY for via the Red Button on Sky Sports Football channel from 7.40pm onwards. No Show your Papers required in your own living room as well :clap2: :clap2:
Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave »

Thank the Lord we’re only 1-0 down. It could have 4 or 5 in the first quarter of an hour! Knight is having a mare.
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

A disgraceful effort by everyone in a Posh shirt. They should be ashamed of themselves.Pathetic.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
Mig25

Post by Mig25 »

Embarrassing. But we still have to give DF our full support? Dmac needs to have a damn good think about the next few years. Saving his mate Fergie, with a very weak squad, or investing in players for 22/23 and getting in someone new that can get the best out of them.

As for the fantasy aspiration of a new stadium....forget it. It's entertaining football I want, along with wins and grandkids going home happy.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I know, my presence doesn’t make any difference, but fear it is coming to the stage when no fans make any difference. There was a total lack of passion, from everyone on the pitch, in the dugout, and in the stand. I didn’t have earplugs in but could not hear a peep from so called Posh fans. No chanting, all the noise came, rightfully, from the home supporters, all positive chanting, none of this ‘we’re not very good’ nonsense.
Their loan signings, all of which have Premiership experience, they embarrassed us with their pace, I’d like to say we improved when we got Knight off and brought Brown on, but we were still a long way second pest. I feel sorry in some ways for Fergie, he is trying his hardest but in truth without the right equipment you can’t polish a turd. Our first instinct last night appeared to try and keep possession at all costs even if that meant taking a free kick on the edge of the opposition box, passing the ball across the penalty area and back again, before passing it back to Edwards or Benda. Their was one glaring example where we had the opportunity to take a direct free kick from about three yards outside the area in a slightly right of centre position, Norburn took it, it went across and back to the half way line came back to Norburn, who was about five yards further out than from where he’d taken the free kick, who then shot, I should say, passed back to their goalkeeper.
The only danger their keeper faced was from a late JCH free kick from a similar position that hit the side netting. We offered nothing on the pitch that could have remotely worried any team, at any level. We have some good players Kent, Edwards, Norburn, Poku and Fuchs, but with mediocre to poor players in the other six position we are never going to win.
We were much improved under McCann
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

bristleposh wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 09:45 I know, my presence doesn’t make any difference, but fear it is coming to the stage when no fans make any difference. There was a total lack of passion, from everyone on the pitch, in the dugout, and in the stand. I didn’t have earplugs in but could not hear a peep from so called Posh fans. No chanting, all the noise came, rightfully, from the home supporters, all positive chanting, none of this ‘we’re not very good’ nonsense.
Their loan signings, all of which have Premiership experience, they embarrassed us with their pace, I’d like to say we improved when we got Knight off and brought Brown on, but we were still a long way second pest. I feel sorry in some ways for Fergie, he is trying his hardest but in truth without the right equipment you can’t polish a turd. Our first instinct last night appeared to try and keep possession at all costs even if that meant taking a free kick on the edge of the opposition box, passing the ball across the penalty area and back again, before passing it back to Edwards or Benda. Their was one glaring example where we had the opportunity to take a direct free kick from about three yards outside the area in a slightly right of centre position, Norburn took it, it went across and back to the half way line came back to Norburn, who was about five yards further out than from where he’d taken the free kick, who then shot, I should say, passed back to their goalkeeper.
The only danger their keeper faced was from a late JCH free kick from a similar position that hit the side netting. We offered nothing on the pitch that could have remotely worried any team, at any level. We have some good players Kent, Edwards, Norburn, Poku and Fuchs, but with mediocre to poor players in the other six position we are never going to win.
Last night it looked like 11 individuals who had never met each other before. With regards free kicks etc, the game was summed up by the corner we had after about 10 minutes, which pretty much failed to make the first man, let alone clear him. Come on Posh we are way better than this.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Steamy Nin wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 11:54
bristleposh wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 09:45 I know, my presence doesn’t make any difference, but fear it is coming to the stage when no fans make any difference. There was a total lack of passion, from everyone on the pitch, in the dugout, and in the stand. I didn’t have earplugs in but could not hear a peep from so called Posh fans. No chanting, all the noise came, rightfully, from the home supporters, all positive chanting, none of this ‘we’re not very good’ nonsense.
Last night it looked like 11 individuals who had never met each other before. With regards free kicks etc, the game was summed up by the corner we had after about 10 minutes, which pretty much failed to make the first man, let alone clear him. Come on Posh we are way better than this.
I feel it is like that at nearly every away game, I know the names on the back of the shirts are the same, but is it genuinely those players inside the shirts
We were much improved under McCann
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

There was FIVE loan players on the pitch for the 2nd half so it's no wonder they looked like they'd never met before. Bizarre to think that they still maintain they got the recruitment right in the summer when there's FIVE January signing loan players on the pitch, that would suggest the recruitment wasn't anywhere near good enough.

I don't know what Fergie's problem is with Sammie but at least you get effort from him unlike the so called superstar at #9 who we keep being told will 'absolutely tear up the Championship in the 2nd half of the season'........................yeah OK!!

Norburn should never be picked again after his antics in trying to engineer a move last month, put him in the U23s for 6 months then get rid & play Brown in his place.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

HantsPosh wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 13:03 There was FIVE loan players on the pitch for the 2nd half so it's no wonder they looked like they'd never met before. Bizarre to think that they still maintain they got the recruitment right in the summer when there's FIVE January signing loan players on the pitch, that would suggest the recruitment wasn't anywhere near good enough.

I don't know what Fergie's problem is with Sammie but at least you get effort from him unlike the so called superstar at #9 who we keep being told will 'absolutely tear up the Championship in the 2nd half of the season'........................yeah OK!!

Norburn should never be picked again after his antics in trying to engineer a move last month, put him in the U23s for 6 months then get rid & play Brown in his place.
As captain, Norburn should be the managers voice on the pitch, making things happen and fixing problems, basically telling others what to do. To often he prefers to ask team mates why they're not doing something, rather than being direct and getting to the point. Fair enough he does try to lead by example, but this is no good when it's a team of new signings, it needs proper captaincy.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

He shouldn't be Captain or anywhere near the team and feigning injury to try and force a move away is not leading by example in my eyes. I won't be cheering or clapping for him in the upcoming games I'll be attending at Fulham, Huddersfield & Bournemouth.

This ship is sinking fast and we need people who make an effort and try like Sammie & Frankie rather than rats such as Norburn
Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave »

I watched the first 30 minutes on the red button before switching off in disgust and embarrassment. According to the stats we had 68% possession, all I saw was Knight passing to Edwards who passed it to Kent who passed it to Benda who passed it to Knight who passed it to ........ you get the drift.

Midfield were totally anonymous - apart from a couple of runs from Poku, and a few tackles from Fuchs. Forwards may have stayed on the coach for all the good they were doing. Mind you, they had no service.

My sympathies are with the Posh fans who attended - I did hear a few chants of Boro, Boro, Peterborough, but honestly, what can they do for a “team” of players who either just can’t, or just can’t be bothered.

Perhaps this season’s relegation (a nailed-on certainty unless half the Championship get 50 points deducted) will wake up Darragh Macanthony and his team of yes-men that if you want to play in the Championship, you need players who can compete in the Championship.

This season has been embarrassing.