FA Cup Round 5

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: FA Cup Round 5

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 00:05 Well played Posh, you did us proud, just some sharpness missing against one of the best teams in the World. McCann got the plan on the field dead right. Very enjoyable.
Exactly. Jorge Grant finally showed us what he is about. In the second half he played a higher line and this is what suited him. The whole team showed great courage and enthusiasm. Well done Posh!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
matt404

Post by matt404 »

The result was never in doubt, only the manner in which we acquitted ourselves. Thankfully it was a total different performance from Saturdays shameful display. I cannot fault the effort and endeavor of any of the players last night and it almost feels wrong to single out any of them for praise.

As Grant said, that's the standard they've set for themselves - if they are play like that for the next 13 games we may not escape our relegation fate but can go down with a modicum of pride and reset ourselves for an assault on League One next season.
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fa-c ... -sbw5rltcc

Our forum gets a mention in The Times
We were much improved under McCann
RutlandOne

Post by RutlandOne »

A good performance, no public humiliation, and one to provide some hope moving forward. If only Sammie had had his shooting boots on at the start of the second half ;-)

The centre backs stood out for me, Fuchs deserved the MOM award he got, but I cannot really agree with the views expressed above about Jorge G. First half he got his boot in defensively on a good few occasions, but second half he was often seen as the one 'just slightly out of position'.