32. Nottingham Forest or Arsenal
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Re: FA CUP ROUND FOUR

Post by bristleposh »

So QPR it is then at home, so every chance of making round 5
A warning to JCH whatever you do,
don't tweet about our new keeper
you'll be banned from football for life.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

It’s strange how every Posh fan and their dog seems to think QPR was a crap draw, just think how QPR fans must feel.
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 19:29 It’s strange how every Posh fan and their dog seems to think QPR was a crap draw, just think how QPR fans must feel.
It didn't matter who we had drawn; some would think it was ok and others would think it's the pits! Anyway, it's better than what Bristol Rovers will be experiencing!
ashman

Post by ashman »

The draw in full

Wolves v Norwich
Manchester City v Fulham
Nottingham Forest v Leicester
Stoke v Wigan
Liverpool v Cardiff
Tottenham v Brighton
Manchester United or Aston Villa v Middlesbrough
Kidderminster v West Ham
Everton v Brentford
Chelsea v Plymouth
Southampton v Coventry
Cambridge v Luton
Peterborough v QPR
Huddersfield v Barnsley
Bournemouth v Boreham Wood
Crystal Palace v Hartlepool
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

ashman wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 00:09
bristleposh wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 19:29 It’s strange how every Posh fan and their dog seems to think QPR was a crap draw, just think how QPR fans must feel.
It didn't matter who we had drawn; some would think it was ok and others would think it's the pits! Anyway, it's better than what Bristol Rovers will be experiencing!
A round 4 money spinner would have provided guaranteed funds for the January Window.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Steamy Nin wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 10:02
A round 4 money spinner would have provided guaranteed funds for the January Window.
I take your point but the days of huge funds from the FA Cup seem to be dwindling. Attendances have been decreasing year on year. Only if you get to about Round Six does the money increase a great deal.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Yes and that would have made up for the 6 million that our money mad chairman wanted for Dembele. Looks like he will be a freebie now in the summer!
ashman

Post by ashman »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 11:17
Yes and that would have made up for the 6 million that our money mad chairman wanted for Dembele. Looks like he will be a freebie now in the summer!
To call DMac a 'money mad chairman' is very disrespectful. He is an out and out businessman who has a great love and knowledge of football. He took a gamble on Dembele and in many ways it has bitten him on the arse. This can be weighed up against the many very successful transfer dealings that he has presided over in the last 13? years.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

ashman wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 13:17
pleasureboy60 wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 11:17

To call DMac a 'money mad chairman' is very disrespectful. He is an out and out businessman who has a great love and knowledge of football. He took a gamble on Dembele and in many ways it has bitten him on the arse. This can be weighed up against the many very successful transfer dealings that he has presided over in the last 13? years.
I don't think that's unfair at all. It's blantantly clear that he wants to make as much money as possible from the sale of our young players, hence all the hype and money spent on the youth policy and facilities.
I've said all along that this is his priority and staying in the Championship is secondary.
This is why he has got Fergie at the helm because he agrees with everything the Chairman wants and does and fits in his plans perfectly.
Hence that's why we will never get a decent manager in charge because they might upset the applecart.
I don't understand why fans don't realise what's happening with this club. You can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day it's still a pig.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

ashman wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 11:14
I take your point but the days of huge funds from the FA Cup seem to be dwindling. Attendances have been decreasing year on year. Only if you get to about Round Six does the money increase a great deal.
I think a trip to one of the top 6 would have provided a tidy sum, but if we get on a good cup run to the quarters or beyond (Wembley), then would be well happy with that.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Steamy Nin wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 17:41

I think a trip to one of the top 6 would have provided a tidy sum, but if we get on a good cup run to the quarters or beyond (Wembley), then would be well happy with that.
More chance of me sprouting a f****, we’ve won one game against a lower ranked side ffs
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

bristleposh wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 18:01
Steamy Nin wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 17:41

More chance of me sprouting a f****, we’ve won one game against a lower ranked side ffs
Think big dude and believe. :comeon:
Mig25

Post by Mig25 »

I'll take Championship survival over a half-axxxd cup run any day of the week. UTP
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Mig25 wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 22:55 I'll take Championship survival over a half-axxxd cup run any day of the week. UTP
I would be happy with both.