POSH v Bristol City

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Sheriff Fatman

POSH v Bristol City

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Feels like this ‘90s attempt at a communal conversation has died 😞. I thought they got to Round 4 for only the 3rd time in many years (I can’t quote ET as unsurprisingly I tink (sic) they got it wrong!

I just wanted to ask if anyone was as happy as me that we got through today?

Hope we get a great HOME draw 🤞
ashman

Re: POSH v Bristol City

Post by ashman »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 01:13 Feels like this ‘90s attempt at a communal conversation has died 😞. I thought they got to Round 4 for only the 3rd time in many years (I can’t quote ET as unsurprisingly I tink (sic) they got it wrong!

Who are they?' I reckon you must be talking about Posh? :wink:
We played some good stuff all through the game. Bristol sat back and tried to catch us on the break but Edwards, Thompson, Tomlinson (unfairly subbed at the beginning of the second half IMO) Josh Knight and a deep lying Norburn, were very confident and kept them out.
Taylor, Burrows and Grant were strong in midfield and set up numerous chances for the forwards.
Unfortunately I can't really remember a game where a forward has missed so many chances as Sammie Szmodics did. His energy, running and finding pockets of space were, as usual, spot on. Eventually their keeper missed a lofted pass towards their goal and gifted him a tap in, but other than that his goal attempts were awful.
Dembele was almost as guilty of missing chances as Sammie. He just doesn't seem to be learning when to shoot and when to pass. Mind you his passing is often only because he gets into a panic situation and the end result can be poor. A touch of indecision by Dai Cornell resulted in their penalty which was expertly dispatched by a former a Posh player. (Paul Coutts)
Our on-loan player from Norwich set the game alight 18 minutes into the second half by scoring an absolutely superb individual goal which was rather reminiscent of the goal scored by another previous loan player. (Martin Samuelsen) What a fantastic debut for the lad, a winning goal and nominated as MOTM (I would disagree with that!) - and we have him until the end of the season!
We clung on a bit in the last ten minutes but a win is a win is a win and confidence must surely be gained from this result. We are in the next round anyway and we can only hope for a good draw today (after the West Ham v Leeds match) at approximately 4.50 pm on ITV.
What would be your ideal draw for the next round? (Cambridge excluded from this!)
Posh are ball number 28.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 01:13 Feels like this ‘90s attempt at a communal conversation has died 😞. I thought they got to Round 4 for only the 3rd time in many years (I can’t quote ET as unsurprisingly I tink (sic) they got it wrong!

When they got it wrong did they refer to the opposition as Bristol City, or did you get that wrong
A warning to JCH whatever you do,
don't tweet about our new keeper
you'll be banned from football for life.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

We always get rubbish draws in the fac.
With all those premier teams which are left in, what chance we get Hartlepool, Borehamwood or Kidderminster away!