Behind closed doors

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
pleasureboy60
Posts: 498
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Behind closed doors

Post by pleasureboy60 »

As the new Covid restrictions gather pace, I wouldn't be at all surprised if all EFL and Premier matches will soon all be played behind closed doors and we will be back to empty stadiums as of last season.
Whether this might benefit Posh, especially away from home, then only time will tell.
Financially it might put paid to any potential transfer incoming and outgoings which will probably scupper any plans we have of bringing in new players to bolster our squad.
I hope I'm wrong, but its not looking good!
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19676
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Behind closed doors

Post by ashman »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 23:18 Financially it might put paid to any potential transfer incoming and outgoings which will probably scupper any plans we have of bringing in new players to bolster our squad.
Probably spot on but it will be the same for nearly all the other teams, apart from the really rich ones.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 31346
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Behind closed doors

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 09:45
pleasureboy60 wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 23:18 Financially it might put paid to any potential transfer incoming and outgoings which will probably scupper any plans we have of bringing in new players to bolster our squad.
Probably spot on but it will be the same for nearly all the other teams, apart from the really rich ones.
Dembele, Edwards, Au Revoir then as they say in Spain
This season witnessed four games
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19676
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Behind closed doors

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 09:53
ashman wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 09:45
pleasureboy60 wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 23:18 Financially it might put paid to any potential transfer incoming and outgoings which will probably scupper any plans we have of bringing in new players to bolster our squad.
Probably spot on but it will be the same for nearly all the other teams, apart from the really rich ones.
Dembele, Edwards, Au Revoir then as they say in Spain
Who is this Au Revoir? Is he any good? :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
pleasureboy60
Posts: 498
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Behind closed doors

Post by pleasureboy60 »

ashman wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 10:05
bristleposh wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 09:53
ashman wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 09:45
Probably spot on but it will be the same for nearly all the other teams, apart from the really rich ones.
Dembele, Edwards, Au Revoir then as they say in Spain
Who is this Au Revoir? Is he any good? :wink:
Both of these will probably be sold in January if games are played behind closed doors to make ends meet.
Although with Dembele, if I was a club interested in him then I would wait until summer and get him for free.
pleasureboy60
Posts: 498
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Behind closed doors

Post by pleasureboy60 »

I see our Chairman is making his voice heard as per usual, disputing that clubs maybe floundering the rules with reference to the latest Covid outbreak .
I'm sure if it was his beloved Posh with half his squad affected, then he would be the first asking for games to be called off.
You can't have it both ways so let's just get on with it and abide by the current rules
HantsPosh
Posts: 846
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Behind closed doors

Post by HantsPosh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 23:18 As the new Covid restrictions gather pace, I wouldn't be at all surprised if all EFL and Premier matches will soon all be played behind closed doors and we will be back to empty stadiums as of last season.
Whether this might benefit Posh, especially away from home, then only time will tell.
Financially it might put paid to any potential transfer incoming and outgoings which will probably scupper any plans we have of bringing in new players to bolster our squad.
I hope I'm wrong, but its not looking good!
No justification for games to be BCD at all, thankfully we don’t live in Wales or Scotland and their dictators shutting everything down whilst expecting England to pay for it.
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19676
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Behind closed doors

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 03:51 No justification for games to be BCD at all, thankfully we don’t live in Wales or Scotland and their dictators shutting everything down whilst expecting England to pay for it.
Exactly. If the news about the latest outbreak is true (and I don't have any reason to suspect it isn't) then it seems to be nothing more than a 'cold' which we all suffer from during the winter months.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 31346
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Behind closed doors

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 08:38
HantsPosh wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 03:51 No justification for games to be BCD at all, thankfully we don’t live in Wales or Scotland and their dictators shutting everything down whilst expecting England to pay for it.
Exactly. If the news about the latest outbreak is true (and I don't have any reason to suspect it isn't) then it seems to be nothing more than a 'cold' which we all suffer from during the winter months.
Thank you Doctors Ashman and Hants, I'll leave the diagnosis up to the experts.
This season witnessed four games
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
HantsPosh
Posts: 846
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Behind closed doors

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 09:44
ashman wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 08:38
HantsPosh wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 03:51 No justification for games to be BCD at all, thankfully we don’t live in Wales or Scotland and their dictators shutting everything down whilst expecting England to pay for it.
Exactly. If the news about the latest outbreak is true (and I don't have any reason to suspect it isn't) then it seems to be nothing more than a 'cold' which we all suffer from during the winter months.
Thank you Doctors Ashman and Hants, I'll leave the diagnosis up to the experts.
Like Neil Ferguson yeah???
Post Reply