Upcoming 'ins' and 'outs'

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Upcoming 'ins' and 'outs'

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 16:18 https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/ ... ki-6573588

Goodbye Siriki, thanks for some wonderful memories
Totally agree. One of a few really exciting players we have had at Posh in recent years! You go with all good wishes!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

ashman wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 16:30
bristleposh wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 16:18 https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/ ... ki-6573588

Goodbye Siriki, thanks for some wonderful memories
Totally agree. One of a few really exciting players we have had at Posh in recent years! You go with all good wishes!
Great player, have absolutely loved seeing him play for us, but now going to Bournemouth, a little town on the south coast, come on Peterborough we're better than this.
NewToIt

Post by NewToIt »

Irrelevant fact Chaps “Bournemouth, a little town on the south coast” - Population circa. 500,000, Peterborough circa. 200,000, granted the Bmth population average age might be twice that of Peterborough…..😁
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

NewToIt wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 11:16 Irrelevant fact Chaps “Bournemouth, a little town on the south coast” - Population circa. 500,000, Peterborough circa. 200,000, granted the Bmth population average age might be twice that of Peterborough…..😁
Population of Peterborough 202,626, Population of Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole together 198,582.

http://citypopulation.de/en/uk/admin/pe ... erborough/

http://citypopulation.de/en/uk/southwes ... urnemouth/

The fact is Peterborough is way bigger than many towns/cities in the Championship and has the biggest catchment area of any club in the EFL. For the size of the city, we are punching way below our weight. Places like Blackpool, Middlesboro, Blackburn, Barnsley, Huddersfield are so small they don't even have a direct rail connection to London.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

We were much improved under McCann
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

NewToIt

Post by NewToIt »

Think you’ll find that German source isn’t quite correct Steamy
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Changing our name to Loans United!!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I've just looked at this season not sure Brown has played at all this season, and Coulson has only played one full game in September a 5-2 home defeat by Bolton
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

bristleposh wrote: 01 Feb 2022, 00:05 I've just looked at this season not sure Brown has played at all this season, and Coulson has only played one full game in September a 5-2 home defeat by Bolton
Apart from Norburn, we have not purchased or loaned in anyone this season, who is actually capable of playing at Championship level.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Fans were shouting for a left back, a central midfielder and a forward. That has been done to the best of our abilities and resources. Well done DMac and the Canadians. If it's enough then great, if not then at least we have tried and we should have a squad capable of doing well in League One next season.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

ashman wrote: 01 Feb 2022, 02:16 Fans were shouting for a left back, a central midfielder and a forward. That has been done to the best of our abilities and resources. Well done DMac and the Canadians. If it's enough then great, if not then at least we have tried and we should have a squad capable of doing well in League One next season.
I think that is now the expectation.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I'll wait and see, but another thing the fans had been crying out for was players with Championship experience. Coulson has less Championship experience than Tomlinson, the last of which was last season. Brown has only played 16 games for Birmingham between 2014 and 2017, hardly prolific, but as I say wait and see. They have probably both been injured, but then are they going to be fit enough for a Relegation battle.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Norburn should no longer be Captain, especially since he's 'injured' with a 'dead led' anyway! Disgraceful for any player to feign injury and basically refuse to play. I see Dembele's 'foot injury' wasn't so bad that he couldn't pass a medical at Bournemouth. Good riddance and hopefully it means Poku gets lots more game time to develop and that Sammie plays every game now.

5 loan players in a matchday squad is the max allowed I think. I hope I'm wrong but it's hard to get excited about Coulson & Morton tbh. Hard to understand the Tomlinson move either.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Matt Rogers and Craig Smith have left the building.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... ch-3552288