POSH v READING ***POSTPONED***

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: POSH v READING

Post by ashman »

JohnC wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 16:47 Ryan Bennett?
In our present plight, I think I'd select Zakuani or Tafazolli or Steven Taylor ahead of Edwards -- that's not the same as claiming that they are better players. This is not meant in any sense to be a criticism of Edwards; in my 'First Quarter Report' I posted 'Burrows and Edwards don’t look out of place in the Championship', and I still hold that view. I suspect that Edwards' long-term potential might be maximised in a 'base of the diamond' role.
Those three never were never as good as Edwards is now, but Ryan Bennett was a top player and a superb signing. Come on Barry, find the next Bennett and while you are at it try to find a cheap Dwight Gayle!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

ashman wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 17:48
JohnC wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 16:47 Ryan Bennett?
In our present plight, I think I'd select Zakuani or Tafazolli or Steven Taylor ahead of Edwards -- that's not the same as claiming that they are better players. This is not meant in any sense to be a criticism of Edwards; in my 'First Quarter Report' I posted 'Burrows and Edwards don’t look out of place in the Championship', and I still hold that view. I suspect that Edwards' long-term potential might be maximised in a 'base of the diamond' role.
Those three never were never as good as Edwards is now, but Ryan Bennett was a top player and a superb signing. Come on Barry, find the next Bennett and while you are at it try to find a cheap Dwight Gayle!
Steven Taylor, with 215 EPL appearances for Newcastle, was never as good as Ronnie Edwards after his 17 Championship appearances? I beg to differ.
ashman

Post by ashman »

JohnC wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 18:17 Steven Taylor, with 215 EPL appearances for Newcastle, was never as good as Ronnie Edwards after his 17 Championship appearances? I beg to differ.
You are probably right about that - plus of course he was a superb 'snow shifter!' :D
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

ashman wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 20:00
JohnC wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 18:17 Steven Taylor, with 215 EPL appearances for Newcastle, was never as good as Ronnie Edwards after his 17 Championship appearances? I beg to differ.
You are probably right about that - plus of course he was a superb 'snow shifter!' :D
When it came to commitment, he had it in spades.
ashman

Post by ashman »

JohnC wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 23:46
ashman wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 20:00
When it came to commitment, he had it in spades.
Boom, boom! :clap2:
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Game postponed anyway, covid apparently and nothing whatsover to do with Reading's injuries at all. Fail to fulfil a fixture in a cup tie and the other team receives a bye but failure to fulfil a league game is acceptable and games is rerranged again and again and again. A 3-0 win should be awarded to the other team and in the event of both teams not being able to fulfill the fixture it's a 0-0 draw with no points to either side.

Leeds weren't allowed to postpone their game on Saturday as their absences weren't virus related so had to field a weakened team anyway & nobody bleated about the integrity of the league then but when it's virus related all the toys fly out the pram (from other teams to be fair not Leeds). If 10 players are unavailable it shouldn't matter at all whether it's 10 virus absences or 10 hamstring injuries and should be treated the same
ashman

Re: POSH v READING ***POSTPONED***

Post by ashman »

Rearranged 15th. February 7.45 pm.

@SkyBetChamp
fixture with Reading has been rearranged for Tuesday 15th February (7.45pm).

https://www.theposh.com/news/fixture-re ... e-arranged