bristleposh

Club captain Oliver Norburn

Post by bristleposh »

This season witnessed four games
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
ashman

Re: Club captain Oliver Norburn

Post by ashman »

This should have been done since day one but a new three year contract for the skipper who had seen us through a promotion to the championship was always going to happen. When he was injured Tommo took it on but he really needs to concentrate on his game.
Olly won't let this distraction hamper him in getting the best from the team!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Beevers seems to be the scapegoat for Fergie yet his little untouchable pet JC-H still got picked when he came back for pre-season unfit & overweight and then subsequently proved he is nowhere good enough for the Championship (which most of us already knew anyway)
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 15:27 Beevers seems to be the scapegoat for Fergie yet his little untouchable pet JC-H still got picked when he came back for pre-season unfit & overweight and then subsequently proved he is nowhere good enough for the Championship (which most of us already knew anyway)
I’m guessing your not a fan of JCH 😂
This season witnessed four games
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 15:36
HantsPosh wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 15:27 Beevers seems to be the scapegoat for Fergie yet his little untouchable pet JC-H still got picked when he came back for pre-season unfit & overweight and then subsequently proved he is nowhere good enough for the Championship (which most of us already knew anyway)
Despite him scoring 30+ goals last season and being a major influence in our promotion to the Championship! :?
Nothing to do with Norburn's captaincy anyway!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

ashman wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 20:47
Despite him scoring 30+ goals last season and being a major influence in our promotion to the Championship! :?
Beevers replaced as Captain and dropped due to poor form, JC-H unfit, overweight yet still gets picked. Norburn is Captain because Beevers is dropped, there's your link Ashman :wink: I've no problem with Norburn being Captain but should be a game by game basis for whoever it as all the Captain does is exchange a pennant with the opposing Captain and say we'll kick this way if he wins the toss. It's not like Cricket where the Captain is the key figure on the field
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 10:15
ashman wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 20:47

Beevers replaced as Captain and dropped due to poor form, JC-H unfit, overweight yet still gets picked. Norburn is Captain because Beevers is dropped, there's your link Ashman :wink: I've no problem with Norburn being Captain but should be a game by game basis for whoever it as all the Captain does is exchange a pennant with the opposing Captain and say we'll kick this way if he wins the toss. It's not like Cricket where the Captain is the key figure on the field
You obviously haven't a clue as to how a skipper can influence a team's performance. It was the same when Scouse (Mick Halsall and maybe Steve Castle but not quite so effective) was captain. He was a superb motivator on and off the pitch. I am guessing that Norburn will be very similar. Watch him directing players into positions and encouraging them along. He looks like being the captain and midfield player that we have wanted for many a year!