POSH v MILLWALL

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

POSH v MILLWALL

Post by ashman »

Peterborough United v Millwall Saturday December 11th. (KO: 15:00)

REFEREE: LEIGH DOUGHTY

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Robert Merchant and Adam Crysell

Fourth Official: Sam Purkiss
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
pleasureboy60

Re: POSH v MILLWALL

Post by pleasureboy60 »

I see we've now reverted back to the dreaded diamond formation.
It's like watching Strictly without the glamour !
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

If it gets us results, I’d be happy if we played an 8-1-1 system
This season witnessed four games
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

That was so much better today, we were all over them in the first half, how they finished with eleven players is beyond me. Every time the ball went over the half way line one of our players got fouled. Excellent ream selection today. Sad for Butler having to go off but with very impressed with Tomlinson when he came on, JCH came on , scored one made another but should never have been man of the match, that should have been either Edwards or Tomlinson although Burrows was very good, as were all the other outfield players, and Cornell certainly could have nothing about the goal they scored. Why do we go into our shell when we had the upper hand, if we’d kept going maybe got a third and made the finish more comfortable.
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
Mig25

Post by Mig25 »

I'm no DF fan, nor has his infatuation with the diamond impressed me......but it definitely worked today. The possession was a pleasure to watch and the players seemed to have so much more confidence. We need to see Tomlinson and Edwards starting regularly. Keep it up Fergie!

(First winning game at LR this season for grandson so he's finally happy too)
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Superb performance today. Other than the slick move that cut us apart in the 1st half, we battered another team that is’around the play offs’.
I would stick with this formation, including Arris, on the bench (he’s angrier and better then), over the Xmas period.
Imposter syndrome has hampered this season so far, let’s get over that and survive for another, stronger campaign 💪
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 22:39 Superb performance today. Other than the slick move that cut us apart in the 1st half, we battered another team that is’around the play offs’.
I would stick with this formation, including Arris, on the bench (he’s angrier and better then), over the Xmas period.
Imposter syndrome has hampered this season so far, let’s get over that and survive for another, stronger campaign 💪
Spot on
P4 W0 D0 L4 GF2 GA14
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Thank you chap 🙏👍