POSH V FULHAM

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

POSH V FULHAM

Post by stumpy »

Turns out that ESPN+ will show the Blackburn v Fulham game this afternoon here in New York so I'm going to do a bit of scouting. Although there will be some fear of a hammering with Mitrovic scoring 9 goals, I think we'll give them a real good go...maybe a sneaky upset with JCH running rampant (and Sammie Szmodics running a lot) Posh to win 2-1 :clap: :D
ashman

Re: POSH V FULHAM

Post by ashman »

Peterborough United v Fulham Saturday 6th. November (KO 15:00)

REFEREE: DEAN WHITESTONE

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Paul Hodskinson and Matthew Jones

Fourth Official: John Busby
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Has any team in English football history ever scored 7 goals away from home in two consecutive matches?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Er, we are gonna get smashed
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 23:17 Er, we are gonna get smashed
That's the way! Just as a matter of interest, why do you bother?
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 22:55 Has any team in English football history ever scored 7 goals away from home in two consecutive matches?
Tottenham scored 6 & 7 in the last two games of 16/17 season at Leicester & Hull but can’t think of anyone scoring back to back 7s in my lifetime.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 00:20
I aspire to be a fan like you...been trying for 50 years but I just can't find your level......as a matter of interest, who do you support?
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 17:06
I aspire to be a fan like you...been trying for 50 years but I just can't find your level......as a matter of interest, who do you support?
Posh and Posh only. It all started in 1960 and apart from the wilderness years of Uni (when I couldn't afford to get to matches) I have been a loyal fan ever since. I go to all the home and away matches and have only missed two away matches in the last six years - and that is why I bother!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 19:27
stumpy wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 17:06
Posh and Posh only. It all started in 1960 and apart from the wilderness years of Uni (when I couldn't afford to get to matches) I have been a loyal fan ever since. I go to all the home and away matches and have only missed two away matches in the last six years - and that is why I bother!
You see, that's why I aspire to be as perfect a fan as you...I guess you think you bother more than anyone else...I often found when I went home and away for season after season that those fans were often the most loyal and the most clueless about the game....I guess things never change much ;-)
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Back to the Fulham game - by all of the statistics, we are in for a hammering...even the more anecdotal stuff such as the form of Mitrovic, Fulhams prowess from set pieces etc does not bode well, so, why bother? Well, because we held Bournmouth to a draw, beat QPR, are stronger at home and, like any FA Cup tie, it's 11 v 11 and we might just cause a massive upset...isn't that why we all bother? Head tells me we will lose by 4 or 5 goals, heart tells me we win 2-1... :clap:
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 19:56 You see, that's why I aspire to be as perfect a fan as you...I guess you think you bother more than anyone else...I often found when I went home and away for season after season that those fans were often the most loyal and the most clueless about the game....I guess things never change much ;-)
Oops, I forgot. Aspiring to be a perfect fan is impossible. Living in an ivory tower in some far flung place in the world gives the occupant the perfect way to become what they call 'a keyboard warrior' who thinks that they bother more than anyone else.
Your heart will hopefully overcome your head on Saturday.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 19:56

You see, that's why I aspire to be as perfect a fan as you...I guess you think you bother more than anyone else...I often found when I went home and away for season after season that those fans were often the most loyal and the most clueless about the game....I guess things never change much ;-)
You have such a high opinion of yourself. You probably know more by playing Top Trumps. If I was allowed to use bad language I could think of something to call you, it has to do with self abuse an rhymes with Banker

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 15:42
stumpy wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 19:56

You have such a high opinion of yourself. You probably know more by playing Top Trumps. If I was allowed to use bad language I could think of something to call you, it has to do with self abuse an rhymes with Banker
Didn't expect much more from an old Tory to be honest.....they always seem to think they are the funniest and have such high opinions of themselves
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

In September, Blackpool beat Fulham, who were top of the table at that point.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 18:55.

Didn't expect much more from an old Tory to be honest.....they always seem to think they are the funniest and have such high opinions of themselves
What a strange response, I don’t claim to be funnier than anyone, unlike you who always posit the claim that you know far more about football than anybody else in the World. Just for the record, I don’t think you do, you just claim to

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint