POSH V FULHAM

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: POSH V FULHAM

Post by ashman »

A wonderful effort from Posh. Everyone expecting the Posh to get a mullering were proved totally wrong. If only JCH and Sammie had been a little more clinical we could have got a point at least from the game. I think Fergie will feel really proud of his players!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

ashman wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 19:05 A wonderful effort from Posh. Everyone expecting the Posh to get a mullering were proved totally wrong. If only JCH and Sammie had been a little more clinical we could have got a point at least from the game. I think Fergie will feel really proud of his players!
Absolutely COYP. :comeon:
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

The Posh deserved at least a point for their efforts. JHC, Norbourn and Cornell our stars, with Dembele playing a non-effective game.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

A question for our experts, why are referees so forgiving when players obviously deserve a second yellow card, seems to happen nearly every game where players for and against us get yellows early in the game, yet minutes later perpetrate an even more excess crime only to be let off. There is also the question from the previous game where a straight red card should have been the correct punishment when a Huddersfield player took a gun from his pocket and shot Dembele near the touchline, sorry, perhaps I've exaggerated the actual case, but it should have been a red all day long and would appear that my description would probably have ended in a yellow card offence too.

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 10:20 A question for our experts, why are referees so forgiving when players obviously deserve a second yellow card, seems to happen nearly every game where players for and against us get yellows early in the game, yet minutes later perpetrate an even more excess crime only to be let off. There is also the question from the previous game where a straight red card should have been the correct punishment when a Huddersfield player took a gun from his pocket and shot Dembele near the touchline, sorry, perhaps I've exaggerated the actual case, but it should have been a red all day long and would appear that my description would probably have ended in a yellow card offence too.
No idea, but it is only the way that the refs see what has happened I guess. Any comments on probably the best Posh performance so far this season?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 10:59
bristleposh wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 10:20 A question for our experts, why are referees so forgiving when players obviously deserve a second yellow card, seems to happen nearly every game where players for and against us get yellows early in the game, yet minutes later perpetrate an even more excess crime only to be let off. There is also the question from the previous game where a straight red card should have been the correct punishment when a Huddersfield player took a gun from his pocket and shot Dembele near the touchline, sorry, perhaps I've exaggerated the actual case, but it should have been a red all day long and would appear that my description would probably have ended in a yellow card offence too.
No idea, but it is only the way that the refs see what has happened I guess. Any comments on probably the best Posh performance so far this season?
Sadly I didn't see it, I made up my mind to listen to the game on Radio Scum, whilst watching England in a walkover against Tonga, I imagine that some Posh fans who like cricket may even have watched the defeat against Seth Efrica. I saw the highlights on Quest and it looked like there was only one team in it, brilliant save by their keeper from JCH to push the ball onto the post.

ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 11:16
ashman wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 10:59
Sadly I didn't see it, I made up my mind to listen to the game on Radio Scum, whilst watching England in a walkover against Tonga, I imagine that some Posh fans who like cricket may even have watched the defeat against Seth Efrica. I saw the highlights on Quest and it looked like there was only one team in it, brilliant save by their keeper from JCH to push the ball onto the post.
You can watch the whole game on iFollow if you go to 'Video archive.' Enjoy the game, At least the ball is spherical, instead of looking as though Steve Evans has sat on it! Ignore the 'Lifebuoy'' adverts! Game starts at about 1hr :22 mins
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Thank you