POSH v HUDDERSFIELD

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: POSH v HUDDERSFIELD

Post by ashman »

Steamy Nin wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 09:25
bristleposh wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 23:05
NewToIt wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 20:34 Kent on the bench again, how many goals does Edwards have to give away before Kent is brought back on?
Obviously I appreciate it Edwards is played to prop up DMac’s hype of Edwards to try and generate a price, but what’s best, points or potential cash?
What a load of tosh, he is our best defender by a country mile, if Kent needs to come back in, it has to be in place of either Thompson or Beevers.
We have been much more solid at the back since the return of Beevers who is a great defender, but I am not confident when he is “playing out” from the back. Edwards is far better at this already and although he will make defensive mistakes he will keep getting better.
On his return, Beevers was superb, but for some strange reason he has gone backwards in the last two games. Kent is more likely to replace Thompson on Saturday, as Tommo has acquired 5 bookings and will miss the Fulham game. It's up to Kent to show just how good he can be.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Steamy Nin wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 09:25
NewToIt wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 20:34 Kent on the bench again, how many goals does Edwards have to give away before Kent is brought back on?
Obviously I appreciate it Edwards is played to prop up DMac’s hype of Edwards to try and generate a price, but what’s best, points or potential cash?
What a load of tosh, he is our best defender by a country mile, if Kent needs to come back in, it has to be in place of either Thompson or Beevers.
We have been much more solid at the back since the return of Beevers who is a great defender, but I am not confident when he is “playing out” from the back. Edwards is far better at this already and although he will make defensive mistakes he will keep getting better.
I think Knight will be Thompson's replacement on Saturday? Beever's has looked very shaky even as a defender let alone passing it out from the back - his big advantage is that he is left footed offering balance across the back 3.....whoever is marking Mitrovic on Saturday needs to be really on their game :shock:
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

ashman wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 23:09
Absolutely bristle. Kent needs to bide his time unfortunately.
bide his time until the Chairman's hyperbole hoodwinks someone into paying millions for a bang average Edwards :wink: if Edwards was 26 there's no way everyone would be waxing lyrical about him but being young enough to not remember S Club 7 seems to allow people to overhype his abilities.

That said hopefully someone does pay millions for him as that'll only benefit the club and he'll only be missed slightly more than Jaanai Gordon was :D that's tongue in cheek obviously! Gordon now plays for Stratford Town I believe
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Ronnie Edwards is up there in the top 5 under 20's I've seen play for Posh...he is very good...the Chairman spouts complete ******** almost every time he opens his mouth and this constant "my player is next best thing" tosh is really boring....For me, Edwards has a couple of significant development issues, 1) He does seem to lack a yard of pace and 2) He needs to get tougher in the box....both can develop as he grows older and more experienced

Frankie Kent meanwhile looks very league 1
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 15:47 Ronnie Edwards is up there in the top 5 under 20's I've seen play for Posh...he is very good...the Chairman spouts complete ******** almost every time he opens his mouth and this constant "my player is next best thing" tosh is really boring....For me, Edwards has a couple of significant development issues, 1) He does seem to lack a yard of pace and 2) He needs to get tougher in the box....both can develop as he grows older and more experienced
You forgot his meagre attempts at heading a ball!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 17:51
stumpy wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 15:47 Ronnie Edwards is up there in the top 5 under 20's I've seen play for Posh...he is very good...the Chairman spouts complete ******** almost every time he opens his mouth and this constant "my player is next best thing" tosh is really boring....For me, Edwards has a couple of significant development issues, 1) He does seem to lack a yard of pace and 2) He needs to get tougher in the box....both can develop as he grows older and more experienced
You forgot his meagre attempts at heading a ball!
Yes, he lacks some height for sure - my "tougher in the box" comments was meant to cover winning headers - he and Beevers were poor for the Huddersfield goal last night but, I'll say it again, he is one of the best 18 year olds I have seen wear a Posh shirt...
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

HantsPosh wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 15:20
ashman wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 23:09

Absolutely bristle. Kent needs to bide his time unfortunately.
bide his time until the Chairman's hyperbole hoodwinks someone into paying millions for a bang average Edwards :wink: if Edwards was 26 there's no way everyone would be waxing lyrical about him but being young enough to not remember S Club 7 seems to allow people to overhype his abilities.

That said hopefully someone does pay millions for him as that'll only benefit the club and he'll only be missed slightly more than Jaanai Gordon was :D that's tongue in cheek obviously! Gordon now plays for Stratford Town I believe
To be a "bang average" player in the Championship, after only 7 EFL appearances is quite impressive.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

To be called ‘new stadium’ and described as being in the top 5 U20 players seen at Posh is also very ‘impressive’
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

HantsPosh wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 00:38 To be called ‘new stadium’ and described as being in the top 5 U20 players seen at Posh is also very ‘impressive’
Forget the gobshite stuff from Trumpy.....Edwards is playing at the championship level as an 18 year old, name me a better U20 player (I get Etherington, Davies.....)
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Jermaine Anderson until his injuries, he was one of the few players to progress and improve under Westley (Conor Washington being another). Anderson now plays for Basildon United, the same level as Yaxley. I saw him play for Aldershot last season and it was sad to see how the two really bad knee injuries have affected him.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

HantsPosh wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 18:10 Jermaine Anderson until his injuries, he was one of the few players to progress and improve under Westley (Conor Washington being another). Anderson now plays for Basildon United, the same level as Yaxley. I saw him play for Aldershot last season and it was sad to see how the two really bad knee injuries have affected him.
Jermaine Anderson was OK at lower levels until the injuries halted his career....I think Simon Davies, Matty Etherington, Mark Heeley (for us old uns) David Gregory all went to bigger clubs at higher levels...Edwards is showing a lot of promise right now against some of the best forwards in the country...nowhere near the finished article and will make mistakes but, he is a very good player
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 19:54
HantsPosh wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 18:10 Jermaine Anderson until his injuries, he was one of the few players to progress and improve under Westley (Conor Washington being another). Anderson now plays for Basildon United, the same level as Yaxley. I saw him play for Aldershot last season and it was sad to see how the two really bad knee injuries have affected him.
Jermaine Anderson was OK at lower levels until the injuries halted his career....I think Simon Davies, Matty Etherington, Mark Heeley (for us old uns) David Gregory all went to bigger clubs at higher levels...Edwards is showing a lot of promise right now against some of the best forwards in the country...nowhere near the finished article and will make mistakes but, he is a very good player
Totally agree, but you failed to include in your list a one George Boyd, who probably had the best career of them all in the higher divisions. I am sure there are others that could be included.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Mark McKeever and David Billington were certainly highly regarded, enough for Sheffield to pay a million for the two of them before Etherington and Davies moved to Spurs. and Luke Steele who if he hadn't been shipped out too early to Manure would probably have been the best goalkeeper to ever play for Posh (including Seaman)

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 15:53 Mark McKeever and David Billington were certainly highly regarded, enough for Sheffield to pay a million for the two of them before Etherington and Davies moved to Spurs. and Luke Steele who if he hadn't been shipped out too early to Manure would probably have been the best goalkeeper to ever play for Posh (including Seaman)
Not Ian Bennett Bristle? Him & Fred were the first GKs I remember
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

HantsPosh wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 16:13
bristleposh wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 15:53 Mark McKeever and David Billington were certainly highly regarded, enough for Sheffield to pay a million for the two of them before Etherington and Davies moved to Spurs. and Luke Steele who if he hadn't been shipped out too early to Manure would probably have been the best goalkeeper to ever play for Posh (including Seaman)
Not Ian Bennett Bristle? Him & Fred were the first GKs I remember
Eric Steele was only 19 when he made his posh debut, in my view Posh's best ever keeper.